Williams Brewing Equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FallsDamBrewery

Reaction score
Greetings!

I have scoured the net looking at different equipment kits, and I have really gone back to the Williams Brewing equipment kit. It includes everything, plus a 32 quart SS kettle with transfer valve, and a copper immersion wort chiller. Has anyone used this equipment, and if so do you have any comments before I order? Thanks so much...oh...and if you have not already figured out...I am a damn NOOOOB!

I have the 10 gallon brew kettle from Williams Brewing and it works nicely. Sure the SS is a bit thinner than I would have liked, but the fact that it has a ball valve and cost me around $100 Im not going to complain. It has withstood MANY brew sessions and still works like a champ!

One thing that I would do differently though is GO BIGGER if you can. Dont always assume that you are going to be doing 5 gallon batches forever. I bought a 10 gallon kettle with the false notion (in my head) that I would be able to do 10 gallon batches (DUH ME) Thats my only complaint, but thats my own fault.

You wont regret getting this kit as an entry level kit IMO

Thanks so much for the information...their kettles are supposed to arrive tomorrow, I plan on ordering the kit when they arrive...hoping to have some brewed and ready to open around my birthday in mid March!

Thanks so much for the information...their kettles are supposed to arrive tomorrow, I plan on ordering the kit when they arrive...hoping to have some brewed and ready to open around my birthday in mid March!

This will only be possible if you are kegging. If you plan on carbonating in the bottle then you won't have it done in time. Sorry to bum you out. But, assuming you order the remaining equipment/ingredients tomorrow and it shows up by Monday, and you brew that same day, it's unlikely you have it done in three-four weeks. It takes at least a week in primary to ferment, but really should be there for two weeks, and then another 3-4 weeks in the bottle. That is 5-six weeks so you will probably miss your birthday by a week or two at the least.

Don't open them early, you'll be glad that you waited if you do. Just get some really nice commercial brews for you birthday and then drink the Homebrew when it is really done.

March 19th here - I get to take the day off for #36.

I think that this will just be a 'Im gonna get back into bed after getting my daughter ready for school' kind of day.

I plan to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on my B-Day. Not even brew beer, cause I want to be thoroughly lazy.
Speaking of which... Im getting tired of typ

March 12th, 1983...I will be 27 this year!

Brew a Mild or Ordinary Bitter. Let it ferment and bulk condition for 7-10 days, then bottle and keep the bottles warm (above 75 degrees or so). If you brew it this week, they should be drinkable in time for your birthday. Time schedule's a little bit tight, but should be workable as long as you have a clean fermentation and keep those bottles warm.

8gal pot will be perfect for 5gal full boil batches. and the price they offer it for, is pretty hard to beat.

I went with a Keggel (converted keg) cost me about $60 all said and done, but has a capacity for 10gal batches.

I am a HUGE fan of thick, dark, high gravity beers, so I think my first batch to break my brewing "cherry" is going to be a dark double stout...even though I know it will take longer to condition, it will be worth the wait! I will probably just sip on some Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout and some local Highland Brewing Company offerings.

Back