plastic buckets cleaning ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmaupin

Reaction score
I work in a grocery store and I talked with the crew in the bakery and I have scored some buckets that they get there frosting in. My question is what would be the best way to clean and get the buckets brew worthy ?

Oxyclean and hot water. That's the best way to clean anything in our brewery...including delabeling bottles.

Just let it soak for a few hours/over night, and then rinse throroughly.

Oxyclean and hot water. That's the best way to clean anything in our brewery...including delabeling bottles.

Just let it soak for a few hours/over night, and then rinse throroughly.
+1 to Revvy. You might to do a couple of oxyclean soaks for the frosting.

I got two 3-gal. frosting buckets from our local IGA. I cleaned them of all the residue as best I could with dishwashing detergent, hot water & a sponge. I then used PBW to soak one, then used it on the other. I then just used Star San to sanitize when I was ready to ferment.

+1 to Revvy. You might to do a couple of oxyclean soaks for the frosting.

The only thing I would add is Oxyclean contains detergents (why you have to rinse it thoroughly). the cheap grocery store "Oxigen boost" or "Oxygen bleach" sometimes does not. Besides its active ingredient is Sodium Percarbonate. I use the store brand at half the price, it works fine.

Latest posts

Back