Bottles to avoid. Proffered bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorites are Saranac and Sam Adams. The Saranac labels come off super easy and the Sam Adams bottles are nice and thick.

Flying Bison Brewing Co. labels are my least favorite... It's like they use some kind of space-age super adhesive to keep those labels on. I just chuck them if a buddy drops them off to me.

I just started collecting bottles. Sam Adams is my favorite commercial beer so I am glad those are good bottles to reuse. I only have 16 so far so I will have to use some Heinekin bottles that I have. Are they ok for bottling? Minus the obvious of being green not brown? Also what are some good beers in 22oz bottles? Have only seen Heinekin and Budweiser in my local supermarket.

BonzoAPD said:
I just started collecting bottles. Sam Adams is my favorite commercial beer so I am glad those are good bottles to reuse. I only have 16 so far so I will have to use some Heinekin bottles that I have. Are they ok for bottling? Minus the obvious of being green not brown? Also what are some good beers in 22oz bottles? Have only seen Heinekin and Budweiser in my local supermarket.

Heineken bottles work fine with a wing capper. Keep em in the dark and the green isn't an issue. I like red hook stubbies though. No bottle around here looks quite like em

Back