Brewers in Oak Forest/Heights (Houston)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybird77

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My name is Jason and I'm brand new to the site. I've seen in a couple of threads here that there are a few folks in Oak Forest and the Heights area. Anyhow, I've got two or three buddies that live in the neighborhood that all brew, and we were talking about starting a small brew club where we could meet up and brew some different things, share information and techniques, share our brews, etc. Thought it might be fun to maybe meet up at a different person's house to brew monthly to start out. Maybe also have meetings at Petrol Station to sample and discuss different varieties and shoot the breeze.

So, what say you, Oak Forest/Heights brewers? Anyone interested in starting something like that where you could potentially walk or ride your bike to meetings?

Hi... brand new to this site, and to homebrewing in general, but I'm in Oak Forest and would be interested.

I am also brand new to the site and brewing and live in Oak Forest. This sounds like a great idea!

Hey everyone,

My name is Jason and I'm brand new to the site. I've seen in a couple of threads here that there are a few folks in Oak Forest and the Heights area. Anyhow, I've got two or three buddies that live in the neighborhood that all brew, and we were talking about starting a small brew club where we could meet up and brew some different things, share information and techniques, share our brews, etc. Thought it might be fun to maybe meet up at a different person's house to brew monthly to start out. Maybe also have meetings at Petrol Station to sample and discuss different varieties and shoot the breeze.

So, what say you, Oak Forest/Heights brewers? Anyone interested in starting something like that where you could potentially walk or ride your bike to meetings?

Did y'all ever get together?

Hey guys,

Sorry, I never got any further with getting together a brew day. I recently started a job with Karbach Brewing getting the QA department up and running, and haven't had a whole lot of free time to do much. I do have a couple of local buddies that do quite a bit of home brewing, though, and they may be willing to lead a brew day sometime soon. I'll be sure to check back and keep y'all up to date.

-Jason

Hey guys,

Sorry, I never got any further with getting together a brew day. I recently started a job with Karbach Brewing getting the QA department up and running, and haven't had a whole lot of free time to do much. I do have a couple of local buddies that do quite a bit of home brewing, though, and they may be willing to lead a brew day sometime soon. I'll be sure to check back and keep y'all up to date.

-Jason

Thanks for the response. Keep us updated.

My buddy and I just brewed our first batch last week( a extract pale ale). We both live in oak forest. Where do we sign up?

I've been checking this thread regularly and haven't seen any new post until today.Although I'm not into Facebook so I might have missed out. I would still like to meet up with fellow oak forest brewers

Another oak forest homebrewer here, I'd be interested in a meet up.

Hey, yes, we met up a few times, PM me your email addresses if you're still interested. We haven't really settled on a recurring date, but it seems that we tend to meet up on a random Thursday at Petrol Station or That Pizza Place on Ella.

I went ahead and created a facebook group - "Oak Forest Homebrewers". Let's see if it works. Might be helpful for organizing meet ups, sharing ideas (and beer), etc. We can still use email to keep those not on facebook in the loop.

New to the forum, just saw this post. I'm located here in Oak Forest too and brew here at my house. Just joined the FB group.

Hey just joined this site and live in Oak Forest. Just getting back into brewing after originally learning during grad school 10yrs ago. Are people still meeting up at Petrol or That Pizza Place?

I went to one meeting at petrol about a month ago, it was a lot of fun. There's a Facebook link, I don't Facebook so don't know any thing about it, or when the next meeting is.

Back