China Made Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrankyBeaverBrewery

Reaction score
So ive been in contact with a chinese fermenter maker and they came back with this offer... $750 FOB for a 1 bbl fermenter and you can get smaller sizes and bigger sizes for really good prices.. all Tri-clamps and racking arm and what not.. here is the picture of some.. Minimum order is just 5 fermenters... what are your thoughts..

$500 for 10 gallon non jacketed
$550 for a 15 gallon non jacketed
$670 for 20 gallon non jacketed
$1300 for 20 gallon jacketed
$750 for 1bbl fermenter non jacketed
$1400 for 1bbl fermenter Jacketed.
$1000 for 1.5bbl non jacketed
$1800 for 1.5bbl jacketed
$1200 for 2bbl fermenter non jacketed
$2300 for 2bbl Jacketed
$1600 for 3bbl non jacketed
$3000 for 3 Bbl Jacketed..

For beer fermentation.
SS beer fermenter with 60 degree conical
bottom
Working capacity:250L
Innner tank thickness 3MM, jacket 2mm,
outside cladding 2mm, PU insulation 50MM.
1.Material: SS304, 3A mirror Polished inside,
exterior 2B/Satin finish
2.General accessories: 1)Manway at top2) CIP
sprarying Ball 3) Adjustable feet 4)
Thermometer 5) Sample valve 6) sanitary
inlet,beer outlet with racking arm, bottom
yeast outlet.7). Pressure relief and vacuum
valve, 8) lift lugs. 9) Support: Stainless steel 4
legs, details per drawing
Certification: CE, ISO, GMP, Pressure report

that is the specs of the jacketed 2bbl

fermentor.jpg

It's the FOB I'm worried about. The price for the fermentor is good but I think shipping would eat up any savings unless you were able to buy them by the container load. Any idea what shipping would be?

The company said that if we do get at least 10 fermenters he will start lowering the price of the fermenters.. So anybody.. They do come in all sizes for whatever you need.. So your request can be made for whatever size

I'd be worried about quality, and they're return policy. It is china after all. Can they come jacketed?

hoptopia said:
I'd be worried about quality, and they're return policy. It is china after all. Can they come jacketed?

+1 to this and the FOB. I make my living importing cheap automotive crap from Asia and the Chinese will try just about anything to save a penny.

I would recommend seeing if they have any referrals from US customers. Possibly someone you could hitch a container ride with. Or, hookup with a reputable local importer that could help you with some homework and warranty for little overhead

Ditto to NAMills. I've lived here 2 years. Unless you can set eyes on them yourself or are confident in referrals, don't bother. Spend the coin on a fermenter from a US supplier (even if they import them). The confidence is worth the extra money.

$25 shipping to washington port..

They do come jacketed.. And quality looks good.. They sent many photos of the fermenters.. Dang I do wanna see one to test quality and it comes with 2 year warrenty

$25 shipping to washington port..

They do come jacketed.. And quality looks good.. They sent many photos of the fermenters.. Dang I do wanna see one to test quality and it comes with 2 year warrenty

I would be very cautious about them. I could send you a photo of my '67 Mustange that I'll sell to you for $250 FOB, honest just wire me the money and it's yours.
I have heard of very poor workmanship coming out of China, stuff that you would not want your yeast even looking at! and a 2 year warrenty means nothing if you can't contact the seller.
Not trying to be smart but just examples of what **** people can pull on you over the internet:)

So I got a price on the jacketed 2bbl fermenter which comes in at $2300.. An 3 bbl is $3000 for jacketed..

Has a man hole in top and all the stuff just like the big guys..

I'm thinking about the 2bbl jacketed since i do 1bbl batches I can just do two.. Better than getting same a stout fermenter and shoving it in a upright freezer..

The other thread stated that they could get fermenters from China for $400 after shipping if enough people bought them. Is that an option for these?

I would ask for a list of American purchasers prior to ordering anything. The Chinese aren't known for their quality, they are known for their price. This seems like something you want to last a long time. Quality may trump price in this case.

lgilmore said:
I would ask for a list of American purchasers prior to ordering anything. The Chinese aren't known for their quality, they are known for their price. This seems like something you want to last a long time. Quality may trump price in this case.

Glacier Tanks.

Yah I think these look exactly like glacier tanks.. Maybe this is their source for the tanks.. Same legs same top same everything except we got wholesale prices ?

I went and compared the pics on the two websites. Same building, same dock, same plant pot.

Or maybe they're just using a photo? The Chinese aren't real good about copywright laws.....

Well I was thinking the opposite.. We know glacier tanks are shipped straight from china to their warehouse in Portland but just matching the tanks up to see if they are the same dealer

The plant pot in both pictures looked awful Chinese to me. ;)

Either way, I'd put money they're the same tanks.

So just got an email back from our supplier and he confirms that they are the supplier for glacier tanks to their Portland warehouse..

So.. If you want more Info on the tanks look at glaciers website.. :)

For me that makes a decision much easier. If I need parts or warranty work, they're just down the road a couple of hours.

Whenever we get enough orders.. All we need is 5 fermenters for a minimum order..

So far we have a couple people wanting fermenters for a total of 4 fermenters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back