Igloo coolers v 2.5gallon cornies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BADS197

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any Igloo coolers that will hold 2 2.5G cornies standing up? 3 would be awesome but 2 would be acceptable.

I want to do something similar to the trashcan beer dispenser but on a smaller scale.

I have:
3 tap chrome tower
3 perlicks
fittings
2 cornies w/ beer
Co2 tank filled

I need beer line, regulator and a recepticle that will stay cold for a day possibly outside. MAx cool igloo's seem to be the ticket but noone around me has a larger one to look at.

I have a 60qt cooler that I use for fermentation but that will only hold 1.

Up until now I've been toteing the keg to the gathering of friends and dropping it in a bucket of ice and using a picnic tap and co2 cartridge dispenser.

It works but I want something a little nicer.

Here are some guys that use a 70qt cooler......
I can put two, 3 gallon kegs into a 70qt cube cooler (rolling mini-kegerator). That is about 60 beers.
(This is not mine, but will give you the idea)
Rolling_Kegerator_03.jpg

Right, mine's messier.

DSCF0742.jpg

DSCF0741.jpg

DSCF0744.jpg

DSCF0743.jpg

Outstanding!

I think that will do the trick.

Right now I'm not sure if I want the tower on top or just put taps on the side like they did.

I wonder how much ice they got into that thing to cool the kegs?

hmmmm

That 70qt cube cooler is available from Gander Mountain, if you have a store local.

Those coolers are DEEP. I haven't tried it out with two kegs, just one so far, but I bet it will hold two bags of ice, along with the kegs and paintball bottle.

I am going to build a two tap, horizontal tower. It will run from one of the cup holders to the other and will be made of PVC pipe.

I have a 5lb tank, wonder if that will fit along with the regulator? or is it necessary to get a paintball tank (i have several at home)?

I could mount the tank on the outside so it's removable during transportation or just sit it on the ground.

hmmmm

I need the cooler, 2 3" shanks, couple tap handles and some line.

The 70 qt Igloo Ice Cube will not fit two of my 2.5 gal kegs. The 2.5 is 9" in dia vs 8" for most 3 gal. Interior dimensions of the 70 qt are approximately 17.5 (H) x 14.5 (D) x 16.5 (W) plus add about 3 inches in the lid to the useable height. The actual usable volume is less as the wheels protrude into the volume and it pinches down some from top to bottom.

2.5 gal kegs are 9 inch diameter vs 8 inch for 3 gal kegs so they don't fit the 70qt cooler

Back