What Style to Pitch on Yeast Cake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bopper

Reaction score
I have a Fat Tire clone in primary now using WL California Ale yeast. I'd like to pitch a new batch onto this yeast cake when I rack the FT to a secondary. Any suggestions on the type style of beer I should brew and pitch into the FT primary?

Thanks!

California Ale is one of those strains that is awesome with pretty much everything. I would probably go with some kind of pale ale.

Thanks for the input. I was thinking about a pale ale myself...I'm looking for something I can be drinking quickly for a Jimmy Buffet concert in early September. It needs to be something that BMC drinkers will like so a pale ale should work out nicely. :mug:

One other thought on this...will the fact that a pale ale is lighter than the fat tire be a problem with respect to the mixing of flavors? Isn't the general rule to go from light to dark? Anyone thing I'll have a problem?

Back