Travelling in Denver, Boulder & Durango Area - Brewery Suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigirishape

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm going to be taking a trip to Colorado in about a month for a wedding, and I've set aside some time for a little beer-tourism. Looking for any suggestions for places that I *need* to visit, whether it be a brewery, a bar, or just an amazing restaurant.

Really appreciate any suggestions you have, and thanks in advance!

I think if I were going to be in that area, I would have to stop by Oskar Blues brewery in Longmont. Never been but a huge fan of the beers. Fort Collins is also a really nice area with a few small micro breweries and of course the New Belgium brewery.

Denver you have Breckenridge, Wynkoop (oldest I think), Great Divide, Prost, Strange Brewing, Crooked Stave. Going out a little from the city in all sides its Dry Dock, Copper Kettle, Del Norte. Also Colorado Cider Company if you're into it (Cider guy so had to give them a shoutout =P)

Boulder you have some great options too starting with Avery, Mountain Sun (or under the sun if you go downstairs, or Southern Sun at the south location), Upslope, Twisted Pine, Boulder Beer

Those are the ones that come to mind. I'm sure i'm missing a few but you'll be busy just with those. Sorry don't know Durango area though

If you can make the trip to Fort Collins, Odell is great. Fort Collins Brewery is only a 1/4 mile down the road too, so you could very easily visit both of them.

Left Hand in Longmont is solid, and so is Avery. Boulder Beer is another really good one.

Denver Beer Company is great, probably my favorite in the metro area behind Great Divide.

Denver you have Breckenridge, Wynkoop (oldest I think), Great Divide, Prost, Strange Brewing, Crooked Stave. Going out a little from the city in all sides its Dry Dock, Copper Kettle, Del Norte. Also Colorado Cider Company if you're into it (Cider guy so had to give them a shoutout =P)

Boulder you have some great options too starting with Avery, Mountain Sun (or under the sun if you go downstairs, or Southern Sun at the south location), Upslope, Twisted Pine, Boulder Beer

Those are the ones that come to mind. I'm sure i'm missing a few but you'll be busy just with those. Sorry don't know Durango area though

Del Norte closed down last year around Nov/Dec.

Definitely go to Fort Collins if you can, and don't miss Equinox there. Odell is a must, too. New Belgium is a fun place but always so crowded.
Oskar Blues is in my town and I love their beers so I vote for them as well. If you want food, though, go to the Oskar Blues in Lyons (not Longmont) and get the fried pickles with either a Dale's or a Deviant Dales - best combo ever!

There is a new brewery that has been open for about a year about 30 minutes north of denver in the little town of Frederick. It's called Echo Brewing and they have some tasty brews and have different food trucks swing by all the time. It's small but I like the beer. Also make sure you hit Left Hand brewing in longmont and dry dock in Aurora which is a suburb south of Denver.

That list covers a lot fo ground as far as the denver metro area. as for good food with great taps...

Hops and Pie
Mile Hi Tap and Burger
Euclid Hall (call in advance it will save you time and frustration)
Alehouse at Amato's
Jonesy's Eat bar

For a cool speakeasy experience: Williams and Graham.

I went to school in Durango for a year. SKA, Steamworks, Durango Brewing co, and Carver Brewing Co are in Durango.

SKA is a must visit. I would also visit Steamworks as their food is really good as well. Durango Brewing co was a bit lack luster. I don't remember much about Carver Brewing co though.

I would suggest the Denver Brews Cruise. For value it cant be beat.

you get:
Breckenridge-
Strange-
and a place called Pint's Pub (Live Cask Ales)

Check out Wit's End Brewery- I think the guy is doing single barrel brews. I went, admittedly I was a wee tipsy at the time but remember the beer being pretty darn good.

Back