So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished off a cali common - but using wlp830, german lager yeast, might end up an epic fail, going for low 60's ferm temp.

Cranked out 15 gallons of a sierra nevada type pale, but played around with my crusher settings and unintentionally upped my efficiency into the mid 80s...

Was supposed to brew but then the kitchen sink clogged monstrously. Took up the better part of Saturday to get that flowing again. Tuesday evening brew session it is!

Got me a red hots candy cider going on 4-20, gonna do another something most likely a simpler cider tomorrow. Down to my last 22 oz bottles of an old coopers IPA I brewed last year late, it's super good all hopped up and stuff. Ordered me a auto siphon and some yeast today! Woo hoo!

Did the first all grain brew with my fiance. Went pretty damn well. Standing in the back, drinking beer, talking to neighbors, dog sitting and peeling labels from bottles for 3.5 hours. Not a bad Sunday afternoon. The petite saison was bubbling little after 5 hours in the bucket. This morning it was chugging away.

5 gallons of Blue Moon Clone and an attempt at a table beer, with the used grain and 3 pounds of fresh grain. We shall see either way it gave me an excuse to brew this morning.

testing out my new turkey fryer brewing setup before my buddy comes by may 5th with barleywine/esb partigyle this coming sunday
it's gonna be a looooooooong day

if my grain and yeast show up in time, yes... either an all brett sour saison, wheat kolsch, 120 hop addition dIPA or a flanders red. honestly it depends on temperature... i don't have a ferm chamber so i have to pay attention to weather.

also brewing on sunday... trying to crank out four brews by end of may.

made my ChickenGate Rye IPA yesterday (sunday). brewing went really well, hit 81% efficiency on my first all-grain BIAB batch. unfortunately i rushed through cooling and pitching and ended up adding the yeast at 90*F. fermentation was in progress 12 hours later - not a crazy violent churn but there was movement and a quarter inch of krausen - so all is good :ban:

Just put up 5 gallons of cider last weekend and planning on starting a batch of mead this weekend.

Planning to bottle my Kolsch and try washing the yeast. I was thinking about trying to brew an Altbier on Sunday, reusing the washed yeast, but I'm not sure if that's going to work out. Might get pushed to next weekend instead.

Going to bottle 5.25 gallons of American Black Ale on Friday evening and brew a 5.25 gallon batch of Brown Ale on Sunday. That way I will still have 25 gallons in fermenters. So far in the last 10 weekends I have bottled and brewed 9 times.

kegging my NB Caribou Slobber - this seems to have turned out great after two weeks.

Brewing my "Crazy Belgian Wit" and a Citra SMaSH
Should be a fun weekend

I have a busy brew weekend, I am making three beers for a good friends wedding....1) Pineapple, Passion Fruit Hefeweizen 2) My version of Shiner 3) My version of Negro Modelo!

I am brewing my smoked porter for the second time. Backing off the roasted malt just a bit, but just as much rauch malt. That stuff is awesome!

I'm bottling an AHS Grand Cru Belgian Ale and an alcoholic Ginger Beer this evening. Brewing an AHS Belgian Double Wit on Saturday.

My first Dunkel, trying to clone Weihenstephan Weiss Dunkel.

Any suggestions for this beer? I am not sure whether to bring out the banana or clove flavor more, or try to balance them. Any suggestions/opinions are welcomed!

Summit IPA...gotta get rid of my stock. Might throw in some centennial but am considering a single hop IPA right now

Back