Raleigh NC Craft Beer Scene

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andysim

Reaction score
I may be moving to Raleigh NC in the near future for work purposes.

What is the craft beer scene like?

I was in Raleigh last week and had dinner at Natty Green's Brew Pub and watched the Giants/Niners game at the Bust Bee Cafe. I really like both places.

I had tried all the seasonal beers at Natty Greens and really liked the Beligian IPA. My wife really enjoyed the Hef. Also enjoyed the habenaro infused smoked porter.

Busy Bee had a good selection of beers and a pretty cool atmosphere. Didn't eat there (ate at a BBQ place called The Pit).

I saw there is a homebrew club called the Carboy Club. Any memebers in this forum?

I went to a few Carboy meetings back in 2009...good club, I just don't have the time with classes and work to go. I think the beer scene in Raleigh is excellent. Check out Lonerider, Big Boss, etc. There are breweries in Durham, Winston-Salem, Chapel Hill, etc that are great. The brewing scene in the area has really taken off since I moved here in 2008. Natty Greens is newer and is one of my go to spots. Welcome to the Triangle!

Forgot to add, Boylan Bridge Brewpub is a great place to take someone if they're new to the area. Check it out, the views of downtown are really amazing and the food is alright. The beer, not so much. All their different styles taste exactly the same - same heavy yeast flavor. Cool place though.

Back