working on a Dead Guy clone / Maibock, need advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Gordon_Freeman

Reaction score
Hey guys. I was going by Yooper's DGA recipe and I went to the LHBS to pick up steeping grains. They didn't have caramunich, so I ended up getting 1lb of munich and 1lb of crystal 60.

I'll be using about 1oz saaz and 1oz perle, distributed throughout the boil.

Should this still be pretty close to DGA?

Hey guys. I was going by Yooper's DGA recipe and I went to the LHBS to pick up steeping grains. They didn't have caramunich, so I ended up getting 1lb of munich and 1lb of crystal 60.

I'll be using about 1oz saaz and 1oz perle, distributed throughout the boil.

Should this still be pretty close to DGA?

Caramunich is close enough to crystal 60 that you can sub it without a problem, and still be pretty close!

Oh, no problem! I need to make it again- it's been a long time since I've had a malty beer on tap and it's about time. I'm still in my "hophead" phase, so I'm making mostly IPAs and APAs, but I have an oatmeal stout on tap now that's really great.

Oh, no problem! I need to make it again- it's been a long time since I've had a malty beer on tap and it's about time. I'm still in my "hophead" phase, so I'm making mostly IPAs and APAs, but I have an oatmeal stout on tap now that's really great.

many of my beers turn out maltier than normal for some reason, so it should suit the "dead dude" ale :D

I'm hoping for great results on this one, I have yet to find my "house special" brew, and DGA is probably one of my favorite commercial beers.

brewed tonight. here's hoping it turns out great! I may have boiled a bit too long, the wort was darker than expected. Ah well! Time for a cold homebrew Kolsch.

Latest posts

Back