5/16 i.d. to ¼ i.d.???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joel6615

Reaction score
5/16 i.d. to ¼ i.d. Anyone know where I can find this adapter? I just bought my keger:rockin: and now I am trying to find the rest of the necessary equipment and fasteners etc. I got two Perlicks like this:

http://www.perlick.com/pdf-files/_Z2022A_8=18.pdf

Any advice on setting this up? I would like to add a two-faucet tower in the very near future. Pictures this weekend, I am pumped!:mug:

5/16 i.d. to ¼ i.d. Anyone know where I can find this adapter? I just bought my keger:rockin: and now I am trying to find the rest of the necessary equipment and fasteners etc. I got two Perlicks like this:

http://www.perlick.com/pdf-files/_Z2022A_8=18.pdf

Any advice on setting this up? I would like to add a two-faucet tower in the very near future. Pictures this weekend, I am pumped!:mug:

Where is the 5/16?
It specs 3/16 for the beer line - That's a standard size, and you can stretch 3/16 hose on the 1/4" barbs that are likely on your shanks.

5/16" is standard for gas line in the industry. You can stretch 1/4" hose on 5/16 barbs, just warm it up in hot water.

If you can change fittings, I like to use 3/16 everywhere, so I only have to have one size of hose laying around.

Yeah, looks like it says 5/16 air hose...but 3/16 black connector hose (which I assume is beer). I pick it up tomorrow. Also, anyone know if regular casters from HomeDep. would work instead of buying the casters from Perlick for like $70.

While this doesn't help with your initial question, may I ask how you arrived at the decision to need 5/16 line? That is rather large which leads me to suspect you have a longer run. I have about a 15' run from the basement to my kitchen, so if you have any long distance questions, I'm glad to help.

Back