smoker hot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brockettbrews

Reaction score
i bought a smoker and evertime i use it i can never keep it hot. what are some tricks to keeping it hot??? it seems like i can never get it above 200!!

If you are using a wood burner, I've found that lining the inside with bricks and getting a hot initial fire works well.

I think we are going to need some more info than you provided. Since you can't get it hot enough I'm assuming this is an electrical heater because otherwise you could just throw more coal/wood in. If you're using an extension cord it needs to be rated high enough for the amount of power you're trying to draw.

I use a charcoal smoker and keep the temperature about 180. Low, slow and dry untill I get the smoke into the meat then in goes the water tray to finish the cooking and tenderizing.

bosco

We really need to know what kind of smoker it is. At least brand and fuel if nothing else.

If its a charcoal smoker, it takes a bit of technique to keep it hot. If its electric, then I dunno! :)

Right after you get your first chimney lit and in, load the chimney again and light it. Once you have a good base down you should be able to time it and add a few sticks and lumps of charcoal every 30 minutes.

Back