So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderman said:
I actually want to brew this weekend, but my girlfriend comes to my place on that day, she doesn’t allow me to take alcohol. So I will brew next weekend instead of that.

Brewing beer is not the same as drinking beer. The alcohol comes later so your girlfriend should be okay with it.

But really.... get a new girlfriend or change your name to "Wonderwoman". ;-)

troyh said:
brewing beer is not the same as drinking beer. The alcohol comes later so your girlfriend should be okay with it.

But really.... Get a new girlfriend or change your name to "wonderwoman". ;-)

x

Well, the WLP007 starter is crashing, so I guess I better brew! Planning a version of Yooper's all-grain Dead Guy clone, converted to partial mash, and with most of the ingredients swapped out. But I took all the numbers from Yooper's recipe, so it doesn't seem right to call it a "new" recipe.

This will be my first go with my newly constructed immersion chiller. Test run with vinegar-water today went from 200°+ down to 80 in about 15 minutes (I stopped at that point). Mostly, though, it'll be nice not to have to mess with an ice bath.

troyh said:
Brewing beer is not the same as drinking beer. The alcohol comes later so your girlfriend should be okay with it.

But really.... get a new girlfriend or change your name to "Wonderwoman". ;-)

Just imagine if you guys were married... Brew or Girl? Pick one!

I'd pick beer over any girl who wants to limit my happiness. Beer always seems to know how to make me happy.

I'm mid boil on my first ever attempt at a Belgian dubbel (partial grain - 5 gal). Sitting on the back patio enjoying a Partagas Cifuentes Enero, drinking the last of my oatmeal stout, and surfing the net while it boils just a few feet away. Life doesn't get much better!!:rockin:

Doing a 10gal batch of my signature pale. I'm gonna use a WLP001 in one fermenter and WLP051 (the yeast I normally use in this recipe) in the other fermenter.

I'll be starting my yearly batch of Barleywine shorlty! Just waiting for the rain to pass and setting up now. I think I'll knock down a bomber of Schlafly Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout or two. :tank:

Brewing my winter warmer, based on an old ale. I'm making it quite a bit bigger this year (OG 1.090) than in the previous years and plan to cellar around 3/4 of the batch to conduct vertical tastings in the future.

I doing my 2nd try at a fat tire clone. Last time great taste but a little weak. Maybe a little less water this time. ;)

I'm brewing my world famous Little Jack Horner Helles....My monthly attempt to make an Augustiner helles clone. I was in Munich two weeks ago and drank this amazing beer all week. I'm getting close.. Well, maybe not close, but I'm getting there...God, I love that beer.

Pitched two sachet of S-04 in roughly 19L of 1.085 wort at 64F. The two hour long boil was interesting, I could see the wort getting this rich dark bronze color the longer the boil was going.

Makes for a change from the 1.040 bitters and milds I'm always brewing.

After rain two wrekends in a row im finally getting to brew my Blood Orange ginger IPA that I'm gonna age on Spanish cedar. Then taking second runnings and going to make a sour that I'm going to split in two. Half will secondary on rhubarb and the other half on mangoes.

Finally brewing that Arrogant Bastard clone.
First washed yeast attempt too. We'll see how it goes very soon now.

Just finished a SN Torpedo Ale type clone. Into the fermenter 6g/1.081/90 IBUs.

Hopefully it will be ready to drink (kegged) by Thanksgiving.

Brewed northern brewers pro series kit "SS Minnow mild". I wanted a session beer to drink and really have never had a mild before.

Making sure everything is cleaned & ready for my 1st brewday in a couple months. New stove burners are great,made fresh PBW & Starsan,soaking spigots in PBW now. Got one last 12 pack or so of bottles to clean out. Gotta clean & straighten out the room for the new arrival tomorrow. My 1st partial mash-midwest's cascade pale ale. Filming will be rough without a tripod. Can't find that. At least everything else will be squared away.

Brewing up my next, full 5 gallon batch, of IIPA called Thors Hammered. It'll come right out at 7.6%. I have my crystal 40 steeping away.

I am shooting for 3 batches this weekend, a Honkers clone, a Scottish 70 for my Dad's retirement party, and my 2012 Christmas beer a Belgian Chocolate Stout. I figure its a 3 day weekend so I should be good time wise. I will also be serving a keg of my pumpkin ale at a party on Saturday.

Just a follow up I was able to get all 3 batches in without any spousal issues! I knocked out the honkers clone Saturday morning, pitched some WLP22 I had laying around. This thing is blowing through the airlock. I then knocked out the Scottish 70 and the Belgian Chocolate Stout today. The out hose on my chiller rested to close against my burner and melted so I had to cut it down and reinstall the hose connection, oops. I am really excited for the Belgian, I added a pound of d180 syrup and I think it will go well with the unsweetened chocolate, plus only 4 hours later its already forming a krausen using WLP575. After a temporay dip in efficiency in my last bunch of batches, which I correctly attributed to my high speed drill/out of whack Cereal Killer grain mill issue, I am now back to 80% efficiency. I started double crushing my grain, I will now readjust the gap to achieve this efficiency.

Gotta wait for momma to get done with the stove to start my PM cascade pale ale. Gunna have to use a small food processor to crush the 5lb of grains on pulse. kinda like when crushing nuts. Shoul;d make for good efficiency though?...

Started my strike water at 6:30 a.m.... It's been a good morning.

image.jpg

Debating between an APA or IPA with Citra and Conan yeast harvested from a couple cans of Heady Topper. Can't wait!

Back