Cyser or apple Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Brotherbill

Reaction score
My wife went went to Ireland for work about a month ago. And ever since she came back she was talking about this Apple Beer that she had at the Pub one night.

I was wondering if it was a Cyser. She says it didn't have all that much foam in the glass. She says it was delicious whatever it was.

Can anyone help me out on if this is a local drink or a common drink in Ireland and what it is.

Also anyone have a good cyser recipe that I can work on and maybe catch lightning in a bottle for my wife.

I read the cider site - if I read that right, looks like something interesting to try.
Correct me if I'm wrong but seems to me they primary for 8weeks, then secondary for some time with fresh cider under pressure? I'm thinking that's a way to carb and backsweeten and maybe dial in desired ABV? A second fermentation would kick in but the pressure buildup would stop it from fully fermenting out leaving behind some residual sweetness.Or did I make that up in my own mind and they said no such thing?

-OCD

Latest posts

Back