Which will be best by Christmas or earlier?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBungle

Reaction score
So, i'd like to brew something heavy for the colder weather. I'm stuck between AHS Bavarian Doppelbock, AHS Belgian Trappist Ale Dubbel, or AHS Imperial Stout. I love the sound of all of these but can't quite brew them all at the same time right now :cross: I guess my question or questions are, which one will mature earliest and which one will be best by x-mas? Thanks! :mug:

I'd go with the Doppelbock. The imperial stout would work too. With darker beers, you tend to not taste the imperfections from improper aging or handling.

Generally speaking, you'll be drinking all those styles while they are rather new ... the good part is that they'll get better with age.

cheers

~r~

quick question. the doppelbock has been lagering at 40*F for around 5 weeks. I open the fridge to take a look and see something floating around at the top. yeast im guessing? I was planning to bottle next weekend. should I put in a clarifier? Thanks

ixe9tz.jpg

Back