Ommegang's Ommegeddon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adx

Reaction score
A few months ago I found a bottle of Ommegeddon at my source of fine ales. Knowing that this was getting to be a tough beer to find I grabbed the bottle and headed for the cashier. I finally decided that today, the wonderful spring evening, would be a great time to crack this one. The bottle was from June 2007 so it has about a year of age on it.

The pour was fantastic. It has a thick and steady head that slowly dissipated and left a nice lace down the glass. Aroma had a bit of funk to it, but that's a good thing for this beer. The taste was wonderful. A bit dry, a nice Belgian bite and some some lingering funk from the Brett. The taste was close to that of a lemongrass tea. It was a very light and refreshing beer. The 8% ABV was no wear to be found in the taste; until I drank the whole 750ml bottle. :drunk:

As they say on Ebay. A+++++++ will buy again.

Now for the money shot.

img_0048.jpg

I had some at Brewtopia's holiday party last year. Don't remember much except a slight but not overpowering sourness and that I wanted to try it again.

Oh I love this beer. First saw it like 6 months ago and it was wonderful. Nice dry finish and a slight amount of sour tartness that was great.

Nice review. I have three in my cellar, and now I'm sure that I'll drink at least one this summer.

I have one aging as well and plan on letting it continue to age. Good to know its drinking well now though. I just gotta find some funky blue cheese that can stand up to it...

Latest posts

Back