Johnson a419- frig with gfci

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjc8870

Reaction score
My frig has gfci plug, when it reaches temp, the gfci shuts down. When it's time to turn on, will it come on, or would I have to do it manually. I have Johnson controller and my gfci plugs to this. I am wondering if this set up will work or will gfci plug prevent it from turning it back on.

Thanks,

Mike

That's what I was referring too. Guess I will have to manually reset. Guess their is no other way.

You might have a bad gfi. Running a properly functioning refrigerator through a Johnson controller shouldn't trip a gfci.

My plug to refrigerator has a gfci. When it reaches temp it shuts the gfci on plug.

Agree, Johnson controller should not trip gfci. Does the fridge trip the gfci without the controller in place? Sounds like a hinkey gfci plug. Unless it was intended to be installed in a boat or other wet area, there is no reason a refrigerator needs to be on a gfci. If it were me, I'd chop off the plug, check the resistance between the ground and hot leads (should be open) and install a replacement standard grounded (3-prong) plug end.

I made a mistake, it's a kegerator I am using ferment. Can I remove and out on regular plug. Is the gfci necessary?

Back