Do I have an infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zelbinian

Reaction score
Normally I only ask this question of my doctor, but I'm a little concerned about my pumpkin ale. There are some rather funky looking bubbles (and a gravity that seems to be stubbornly stuck at 1.013 - OG was 1.057) going on. Here's a picture, let me know what you think.

2012-10-07%2018.41.45.jpg

1.013 might be terminal depending on your recipe. It's hard to say by the pic but it just looks like the stuff your seeing is normal. Maybe give it another few days. How long has it been in the fermenter? I am one of the rebels, i tend to leave mine on the primary for 3 weeks.
RDWHAHB

These recipes really ought to give what they expect the FG so I don't keep waiting for it to go any lower. :p It's been in the primary for about 2.5 weeks and was fermenting rather strongly for a full week. I hadn't seen those little filmy air bubbles on my wheat ale, so I just wanted to make sure I was doing things right.

Back