Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone found a good use for the Slow Time Shout? It seems pointless to me.

And, to those who know, does the "sweep" perk on the two handed tree cause a ton of friendly fire?

I was using the slow time against bosses when i first got it. It's somewhat effective against magic users.

Has anyone found a good use for the Slow Time Shout? It seems pointless to me.

And, to those who know, does the "sweep" perk on the two handed tree cause a ton of friendly fire?

I've used it against Dragon Priests to get more shots in. It's also come in handy against a couple of those swinging blade obstacle courses where you have to get to the other side to hit the switch.

However, admittedly, I find little use for shouts now that my character is leveled up.

Maybe I need to try and use it again. I feel like when I did, my character was slowed as well so I was just watching the game in slow motion and didn't give my character a leg up at all.

How do you do this intentionally? Just don't start the main quest for a while? I feel like I did this on accident with my newest character, I have only grabbed 2 souls and I'm close to level 15.

After Helgen, i didn't even go to Riverwood to meet the Blacksmith there. I just initially headed right to Riften. So far, no dragons.

I don't remember the beginning of the Main Quest too well, but, all i know is that you go to Riverwood, then onto Whiterun and eventually go help out with a Dragon attacking a watch tower near Whiterun.

I am basically ignoring the main quest, hopefully indefinitely, as this Wood Elf is not dragonborn.

Which town do you guys have the best luck selling weapons and armor? I know Winterhold is the best spot to sell Magical stuff, but I'm looking to sell everything other than that without hopping around too much.

Which town do you guys have the best luck selling weapons and armor? I know Winterhold is the best spot to sell Magical stuff, but I'm looking to sell everything other than that without hopping around too much.

Warmaidens is good and convienient.

There comes a point where price means less than unloading a bunch of stuff.

I am putting points into speech just to be able to sell everything to anyone

Yep. Gotta get the speechcraft perks to really open trading up. I alos expect that completeing the thieves guild and opening up fences will make it much easier to let go of loot.

Fences are awesome but I find that I never remember where they are so I only sell to the main one in the ragged flaggon and anyone I happen to run into.

Fences are awesome but I find that I never remember where they are so I only sell to the main one in the ragged flaggon and anyone I happen to run into.

I've also read that once you invest in teh trader at Riverwood, his cash stores become MUCH higher. Further that his cash respawns every 24 game hours.

You can also marry his sister who will continue to work for her brother but will give you 100 septims a day.

H-ost said:

The Meadery outside Whiterun becomes a fence

I just joined the Bard College and I think I am going to run through it pretty quick so I hope I get plenty of free Speech training. None of my characters yet have had any points put into it.

I just joined the Bard College and I think I am going to run through it pretty quick so I hope I get plenty of free Speech training. None of my characters yet have had any points put into it.

There really isn't much to do with teh bards but what few quests there are returns some of the biggest XP divedends I have seen through the entire game. Some of them give full level increases in up to 5 skills for some very simple "go get this" quests.

I'm doing the Nightmother quests now. Just killed the emperor on his ship and bought a bunch of stuff for the Dawnstar Dark Brotherhood lair. I'm loving Shadowmere. That horse is badass.

I've finally started the companions quests. Once this line is done I've little left but to go to Riften. Haven't been avoiding it per se (aside from I have NOTHING over there to fast travel too), there has just always been "other stuff" to do first.

Use the carriage ride?

Don't you have to discover a place before you can carriage ride to it?

Edit: bless. That doesn't make sense. If it were discovered I could fast travel.

I guess I've just never used the carriages thus did not know it would take me to Riften.

Don't you have to discover a place before you can carriage ride to it?

Edit: bless. That doesn't make sense. If it were discovered I could fast travel.

I guess I've just never used the carriages thus did not know it would take me to Riften.

Ah. That is how I got to all the major cities the first time. Never felt like riding a horse all the way there.

I never once used the carriage. I always found it easier to fast travel by viewing the map and clicking a nearby destination. Plus, it's free. And if you can pin yourself somewhere "near" to where you want to be, then you discover all sorts of hidden spots along the way.

I never once used the carriage. I always found it easier to fast travel by viewing the map and clicking a nearby destination. Plus, it's free. And if you can pin yourself somewhere "near" to where you want to be, then you discover all sorts of hidden spots along the way.

The only time I used the carriage was at the beginning of the game to just get all the major cities. Then I could run around and explore from there. And 20-50 gold for a ride is a tiny cost.

Ah. That is how I got to all the major cities the first time. Never felt like riding a horse all the way there.

I've only used a horse once. Found it outside a cave and took it. I wasn't impressed.

Might be different now that you can melee on horse back but, they should also allow your follower to mount behind you. Just doesn't feel right making Lydia walk.

This is true, but the pathological looter in me has to keep going back to a house to drop **** off. Takes FOREVER to get somewhere when you are raiding along the way.

GilaMinumBeer said:
I've only used a horse once. Found it outside a cave and took it. I wasn't impressed.

Might be different now that you can melee on horse back but, they should also allow your follower to mount behind you. Just doesn't feel right making Lydia walk.

I've used a couple of em... Usually I end up 4-wheeling them up some mountains, and then jumping off a cliffside. They break your fall pretty good, and then there's horse meat to be had. ;)

I definitely stopped buying horses. It seemed like as soon as I would buy one, a dragon would come out and kill it or I would fall off a cliff. Now I just steal them if I decide I don't want to run on foot.

Without being able to attack while mounted, the horses are kind of useless to me. If a recent patch made that a possibility I may need to try them out again. I would still also prefer a quicker mount/dismount or maybe if you are sprinting and try to dismount you can just jump off and maybe take slight damage, it would make riding into battle a lot more fun and useful.

With my character having no Stealth abilities, should I just not bother joining the Dark Brotherhood?

Well I just realized that if you don't want to join them after killing Grelod, you can get a quest to kill them all.... :D

Back