If you could brew any beer right now what would it be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scubajay

Reaction score
This is my first thread and I thought it might be fun to see, if you could brew any beer you wanted to right now what would it be?
So here goes. If you went to your supplies and found that you had the full stock of Moor Beers grain,extract,hops,yest,and equipment in your supply room what would you do with it. Let us know what beer type recipe equipment and tecnique you would use to creat your dream brew.

If I could brew any beer, I'd like to brew some kind of Viking ale or something from a thousand years ago.

Probably a big Russian Imperial Stout because that's what I'm planning anyway. A more interesting answer would be, because I'm allowed any equipment, a pilsner or kolsch for the summer.

I'd brew a Kölsch. Because it's the next beer I want to brew and I finally have a way to drop the temp for aging after primary fermentation.

I'd either do a Westy 12 clone, a lambic (and ideally again for the next few years), or an ESB on cask (or at least something English on cask).

This turned out really great keep them coming. Im looking at all the interesting replies and doing reasearch to see what I want to brew next myself. Wish I could brew them all. Unfortunatly I.m like most of the rest of you, I have to choose what to brew next based on my equipment and supplies.

A good Kostritzer clone. That and a good ESB that I can drink all day long.

I also have big plans to turn my garage into a microbe filled sour hut.

A spot on Oberon clone then summer would be year round. Then I'd love Delirium christmas ale.

A nice, light-colored, somewhat hoppy, 5% steam beer. I spent all fall/winter making making a Belgian Dark Strong that needs several more months in the bottle, a 9% IIPA that I don't like drinking more than one at a time, a black lager that's still lagering, and a couple of GF experiments for my wife (which are still in the "experiment" phase than the "that's pretty good phase). Now I don't have any session beers left. Unfortunately my passively cooled wine cellar wont be warm enough to do a steam beer for a few more months.

I think I'd go for my usual pale ale, along the lines of a Stone clone. All grain of course, probably a ten gallon batch so I could split it with my bro.

Passedpawn
Can I get a copy of the recipet for that Belgian dark strong that sounds interesting.

Definitely Hopslam, both Plineys & The Sixth Glass. That's more that 1 but those are my ultimate favorites.

I'd do at least a double brew day, starting with a big batch of my MO SMaSH (at least 9 gallons into kegs) followed by my TripSix braggot/B.A.barley wine. I'd need to use a fermentation chamber for the barley wine, since it will be in process for the better part of a year (it really is BIG).

Maybe I'll make it a three brew day and include a batch of my English brown ale too. Mighty tasty stuff.

Anything that requires me to go to a LHBS and buy ingredients... instead of having to order kits online and waiting for Uncle Sam's Postal Service to deliver.

Can anyone tell me what an old speckled hen is

english beer. Want to say an ESB, but not 100% off the top of my head.

I have the ingredients for a Rodenbach clone at home, just haven't brewed it yet. It will be our first sour attempt, and I'm not looking forward to having to wait for a year or so to try it.

I have a very nice roasty Schwarzbier lagering at the moment, should be ready in another month or so, and about to keg some "Reese's Cup" stout. I'm thinking a nice pils for the summer would be a good idea. Never made any kind of pils before, since I didn't have temp control until this past year. So, any suggestions on good commercial styles are much appreciated.

If I could brew ANYTHING, I'd brew a Stone Russian Imperial Stout 2007 clone, but I'd want mine ready to drink tomorrow and just taste like it was aged 5 years....

I would love to get my hands on an early colonial America recipe. Something drank by Ben Franklin and the like. I want to use a real recipe from back then though, not some guess work.

Dfess1

Sorry I'm more of an ale guy. But good luck in your search. Let me know what you decide to brew for a pils and how it turns out. You never know I may try one.

Well I brewed my first all grain batch on friday. It was a centinnial blond. It's In the fermentor now, happily bubbling away. I plan to rack it into secoundary next friday and brew my next batch on saturday. So I ask myself if I could brew anything what would it be next.

Back