DeRoux's Dog looks timid compared to Sam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

I use secondaries. :p
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is one UGLY, mean-looking dog. He just passed away (and made the front page of CNN.com)

story.uglydog.ap.jpg

Has anyone ever seen John Carpenter's movie "The Thing". This reminds me of the beasts that the huskies turned into after being infected by The Thing.

-walker

he was ancient (14 years old) and was a three time winner of the "Ugliest Animal" contest in America. The Discovery Channel was going to film him for an upcoming show on the world's ugliest species.

Full article here .

-walker

or Popo Bawa if he were down under.

ever heard of that one? bat-like demon that rapes people.... I'd be more scared of that than I would be of a goat-eating devil like Chupathingy.

-walker
edit: not "down under". Tanzania. for some reason, I was thinking popo bawa was in Tasmania. :)

So is this that some bugger in it's younger years?
evil_dog.jpg

And then we got...
wei-dog_ugly.jpg

And finally my own personal Satan being harassed by my puppy:

RedEyeZeus_lickingRufus.JPG

Google Rocks!

Sudster said:
Desertbrew, is satan's eyes always that red or has he been sippin the HB?

He just had a rough night. Think he figured out how to flip the faucet on the kegerator. Thought that porter keg went a little quick ;)

Sudster said:
Kornkob, that's one cool lookin pooch. How did you teach him the ear thing.

I can't lay claim to that--- it's genetics. That's from Mommy the Aussie Shepherd.

http://www.poweraussie.com/aussie_ears_pictures/australian_shepherd_ears_04.jpg

(Daddy was a Husky: http://www.photo.net/philg/digiphotos/200201-kodak-dcs720x/nashi-the-husky.quarter.jpg )

Zep is a good mutt but he was a pain in the ass for about 10 years. Climbed chainlink, learned to unlock and open patio doors, pushed out a screen on the 2nd floor of the house and jumped out. Thank goodness he's finally getting too old for those kind of hijinks.

Course he also did things that I had a lot of respect for like the time he pinned an Irish wolfhound twice his size (it hadn't ever been socialized enough to know you're supposed to greet the senior male dog of the house when you come to visit).

Or the time he grabbed, when wandered into our (his) yard. So Zep grabbed him up (he was on a lead in the front yard-- he likes to watch the foot traffic) stuffed him in a corner next to the porch and woudln't let the puppy's 'owners' anywhere near him.

Or the time a skunk wandered up to Zep (who was jsut laying there minding his own business) and when Zep lifted his head to look at the critter (he never really was into the whole 'chase furry things' scene) the skunk sprayed him in the mouth. Zep looked offended for a second, then killed the skunk (the first animal I ever saw him kill, even when he lived on a farmette with lots of critters around). Then he promptly threw up for 5 minutes. (Jennifer's car, unfortunately, was parked downwind with the windows open)

Or all the times I opened the front door of the house in the middle of the night (I used to be a bar manager) to see Zep on the landing looking down at me baring his teeth and growling--- only to have him smile and sit down once he caught my scent.

Interesting story Kornkob.

My pooch is also half Aussie half Chow Didn't get the perky ear though. He did get the mottle coloring but its a black on brown , biege on white.

my dog (well.. she lives with my parents now) is half aussie and half beagle. No pics handy, but she looks like a beagle in terms of body shape and hair style, but she's got all the colorings of an aussie.

I miss that dog a lot. I had to turn her over to my parents when I moved to CA several years ago, because it was basically impossible to find a place to live that would allow me to have a dog.

I would have taken her back when I moved to NC, but she has lived with my parents more than she did with me, so it wasn't fair to the her (or to my mother, who is very attached to the dog.)

-walker

Walker said:
he was ancient (14 years old)

Old, yes, ancient, no. It all depends on breed.

Dude, one of my dog's breed lived to be 27. He's a papillon. I truly expect 15 or more out of mine (yesterday was his second birthday!)

Can you imagine having a dog for 27 years? How's that for companionship?

Hell, that's a year older than I am now.

Edit: I can't figure out how to add his picture

While we're all posting pictures of our pooches, let me introduce you all to my little Assistan Brewmaster, Cookie:

cookie.jpg

The happy mug said:
Could somebody please tell me how to post a picture?
You've got to get the pic out on the net somewhere, then you can use the "insert image" button to link to it.

anthrobe said:
Here is a picture of my dog, Siku. She is a all white Siberian Husky. SHe oves it when I brew. She will sit and guard the fermenter all day just watching the air lock bubble. :D
Awesome Dog , Anthrobe!

Back