Olympic Weightlifting Mishap!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew, I thought it was gonna be another one of those weightlifting "ass blow-out" videos. Your life's never the same after you see that sh*t. :(

I feel bad for the guy. The same or similar thing happened to me 3 years ago. Not with a bar, free weights to be extact, but my shoulder hyperextended while I had the weight extended over my head. I have to say it hurts more than getting kicked in the nuts, it's probably the worst feeling in the world.

I like the way the announcers keep saying "we don't need to see this again.", yet they keep showing all of those angles....

Yeah, I think they were hinting to the guys doing the video feed that a replay might not be the best idea.

Man that's tough to watch. Is it just me, or does that floor look really slippery at the beginning of the video?

Whew, I thought it was gonna be another one of those weightlifting "ass blow-out" videos. Your life's never the same after you see that sh*t. :(

You know, that's one of those things you haven't seen, and you know you don't want to, but you keep sitting there and thinking, "I wonder what that looks like?"

I'm scared to google 'weightlifting a$$ blow out' on my work computer, tho.

I saw a photo of just such a thing, and do you know, I think it was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. I can't think of anything that comes close. Not even the necrophiliac duck was as disgusting. It was just deeply, deeply wrong.

I just showed this video to my coworker. She said they do the same thing in Japan and whatnot. Apparently putting up those blockades not only gives people privacy but keeps the flow of traffic going because people know that there's nothing to see.

You know, that's one of those things you haven't seen, and you know you don't want to, but you keep sitting there and thinking, "I wonder what that looks like?"

Try looking up 'prolapsed rectum' or 'goatse man' instead.

You're welcome.

I too should know better than to watch... altho, it's not the worst I've ever seen...

I kinda wish we had china men with boards to come stand in front of nasty car accidents

I just showed this video to my coworker. She said they do the same thing in Japan and whatnot. Apparently putting up those blockades not only gives people privacy but keeps the flow of traffic going because people know that there's nothing to see.

I thought they were just hiding the scene while they shot him like they do with racehorses. :drunk:

never look up goatse ... if you do, prepare to never be the same person again. :drunk:

Prolapsed rectum is worse than goatse. Goatse just got more play because it turned into an internet meme. And let's not forget tubgirl (much as I wish I could)...:p

I seriously dislike all the viral internet disgustingness. Whether they're hoaxes or not, I see no reason for them to be displayed publicly. I could be wrong, but I don't believe the people involved honestly enjoy what they're doing. I understand they crave attention, but do they need to obtain it through shock? :(

I seriously dislike all the viral internet disgustingness. Whether they're hoaxes or not, I see no reason for them to be displayed publicly. I could be wrong, but I don't believe the people involved honestly enjoy what they're doing. I understand they crave attention, but do they need to obtain it through shock? :(

The Freakshow has long been part of our culture, and over the last decade it's been moved to teh intarwebz. And just like the old circus freakshows, anyone who dislikes them can just choose not to look (unless they get link-tricked).

The Freakshow has long been part of our culture, and over the last decade it's been moved to teh intarwebz. And just like the old circus freakshows, anyone who dislikes them can just choose not to look (unless they get link-tricked).

I agree, but the web now allows much more access to this crap. I just think it is unfortunate that some individuals will see this stuff (e.g. unstable adults or children). I know my way around the web and I still get link-tricked from time to time. I see enough atrocity on the news, I don't need to be duped into more of it online...

It's worse than that. Just try a Google image search (with safe search off) for weightlifter. Or don't. Really. Just don't. You'll have plausible deniability with IT ("I was just looking for some pictures from the Olympics."), but your brain will hurt for days and your soul may never recover.

set that **** back in it's socket and continue with the lift....

j/k

ouch.....

Back