• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Not my posting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really didn't do the math, but it looks real high. With group buys, you can get fresh grain for $0.50/lb and he's charging $1.50/lb. $25 for brewing salts? lol. 5G buckets are like $3 each brand new and he wants $10 each. MM2 is $117 brand new...$157 with base and hopper and he wants $170 used (hope the base and hopper are included!).

Looks to me like he is asking for near new prices on most of it. Plus, a lot of it is vague.

Here are my thoughts/questions:

Mash Tun - What is it made out of? cooler, keg, pot? how big? false bottom or manifold, etc.
HLT and Boil Kettle are both aluminium... not sure how much the spigots add but seems a little steep for used. Plus, how big are they?
3x 5 gallon buckets $30... $10 for a 5 gallon bucket?!?!?! You can get them at Lowes brand spankin new for $3. Brew shops sell the 6.5 gallon new for $11
Burner $50 - you could probably pick up a cheapie turkey fryer burner at walmart with the aluminum pot for $35
immersion chiller - how long? what is the od?
5x Better Bottle Fermenters $125..... you can get 6 gallon BB on amazon for $27 each brand new. If you do 5 gallon batches, it is nice to have the extra head room in your fermenter for your yeasties to go crazy. Or you can get the 5 gallon BB for $20.
2x Corny Kegs $100... pin or ball lock? I can get pin locks for $35 each from my local brew shop. You can get them for around $40 from online retailers iirc.

I would pass up on this deal personally unless you like the convenience of getting it all at once.

my $0.02 that aren't worth a penny :drunk:

Yeah I thought his prices were crazy high! I thought I would put this ad up to give you guys a laugh.

I actually typed his name from the email in a search engine (I always try to do this so I know I'm not gonna get killed when I go to buy stuff) and a YouTube video came up. Unfortunately it doesn't show barely any of his equipment.

[ame]http://youtu.be/tuFJeqUQi40[/ame]

Yea.It looks like just under retail for most of it and a lot of it you can get for less at full retail.

If I needed it I would offer a little under half of what he is asking!

Brewthruyou what group buys are you doing to get . 50/ lb? The cheapest I have ever seen is .75-.80 / lb. I would love to get your prices.

Brewthruyou what group buys are you doing to get . 50/ lb? The cheapest I have ever seen is .75-.80 / lb. I would love to get your prices.

I guess I was remembering $0.47/lb from last year. New prices are $0.51 or $0.52 for CM-2ROW.

fpweeks said:
You guys are getting ripped off then. A 55 lb ack of Canadian 2row cost me like $38 on a group buy

That price is still .69/lb but you are right it adds up. We got sacks for $37.50 the last few group buys but prices just went up. We order local from Colorado Malting Company, I'm wondering if they had a bad crop this year.

I hate CL post like this that don't include pics...asking $1000+ and you can't include a pic

I can get Rahr two too for 31.50 :)

Back