Boulevard Tank 7 Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzman003

Reaction score
I live in Clovis, NM (zip code 88101) and was wondering if your guys could help me out.

I am trying to get Tank 7. Preferably in their 5 gallon kegs that they sell it in, but I'll take what I can get.

Lubbock use to sell boulevard but now I can't find any one that does. Amarillo didn't seem to have it either.

I think Arizona has it but that's too far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The closest location to you that has Skank 7 is Childress, TX. Then Pueblo, CO. Not sure about the kegs.

Called a guy in Childress. Said he couldn't get a keg so I asked about 4-10 kegs. Then he said he wouldnseenwhat he could do. Any one have experience on min order of specialty kegs? What is a standard deposit for a 1/6 barrel keg?

My daughter's former boyfriend, and my potential son-in-law, works for Boulevard. Sigh....
I'll email him & find out if he can find out anything. We're still on good terms, hell he gave me 100# of Belgian Pilsen for Christmas.

Here is what Brad had to say-

"We do not currently distribute to NM, but we are in Texas. Looking on the map it looked like Lubbock, TX might be the closest large city that would most likely have it. Just tell him to find a liquor/grocery store that sells kegs in Texas. We do keg the Tank 7 in 1/6 bbl kegs. Also, let him know that if you go to our website there is a Beer Finder option that will let you put in your zip code and it will tell you where our beer is sold. It's under the Beer and then Beer Finder tabs. Hope that helps."

Failing that, come on up to KC & we'll get you a tour of the brewery.

Spec's carries the 1/6 barrel Tank 7 for $113.67 (search "Tank 7")

There is a Spec's in Lubbock. Call them and see if they have to special order it or not -- but they are your best bet.

How much does it cost to ship a keg? Tank 7 is readily available here, but I bet shipping kills it.

I looked at trucking companies and freight carriers. Average is about $370-500 for a single shipment.American airlines is much cheaper, go figure.

I didn't try Spec s and I should have. I will call for future options. I ended up buying from KC's Discount Liquor in Childress TX, one of the first replies to this post. I had to buy 4 kegs minimum. Each keg has a $50 deposit. Order total was $655. The owner at first told me cash only even though I was 7 hours round trip away. I told him no deal. Called back a week later and he told me he would take a money order. He then gave me a total for 5 kegs. So after 2 more days he brought it down to the 4 that we talked about and I just put the money order in the mail today. He said the kegs should be here 2 nd week in October. I hope it goes well.

It's a lot of figgin money but when you live in a small town, I guess that's the price you pay. I wish the military didn't put us in such crappy places. We're away from everyone just so we have a firing range. Go figure.

Does any one know how long keg beer is good for? This might last me over a year! How should I store the other kegs that aren't tapped. I read that tank 7 gets better with time cause of the bottle, err, keg conditioning that it goes through.

Thanks again for your help.

Here is what Brad had to say-

"We do not currently distribute to NM, but we are in Texas. Looking on the map it looked like Lubbock, TX might be the closest large city that would most likely have it. Just tell him to find a liquor/grocery store that sells kegs in Texas. We do keg the Tank 7 in 1/6 bbl kegs. Also, let him know that if you go to our website there is a Beer Finder option that will let you put in your zip code and it will tell you where our beer is sold. It's under the Beer and then Beer Finder tabs. Hope that helps."

Failing that, come on up to KC & we'll get you a tour of the brewery.

I'm from st. Louis. Next time I go back I'll take the KC route and take you up on the offer. Thanks for checking!

Back