Wiring auber illuminated switches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BWN

Reaction score
Has anyone used these switches?
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_32&products_id=223

I am using these instructions to have them lit when the switch is closed:
http://www.auberins.com/images/Manual/SW1_manual.pdf

I have my line hot wire going to "13" and my neutral going to "23" which is pretty straight forward. Where I am confused is the other side. I think I want to have a hot wire go from "14" to my load and another wire go from "14" to "X2"
Then my neutral from my load to "24" and another wire from "24" to "X1". Would this be correct?

Yes that is correct. I use the same switches, they are pretty bright even at 120v

cool thanks. I was starting to think I should have just bought normal on/off switches.

There are several members here that have those very same buttons on their control panels. They are very popular and have a good reputation.
I just ordered 3 myself.

would I still have a separate neutral wire going to my load? If I was wiring an outlet for a pump or a pid would I run another neutral wire from neutral terminal strip to those as well?

That is where I am getting confused as well. I am just not sure if 24 to the load provides the neutral for the load or if that is just to make the light work.

The differences between the PJ diagram PJ diagram and the
Auber Manual are confusing.

FWIW, I used the PJ diagram and it works perfectly.

I think this is how the manual has it:

Load Hot -> 24 & X1
Load Neutral -> 14 & X2
Line Neutral -> 13
Line Neutral -> 23

And then PJ:
Load Hot -> 24 & X2
Load & Line Neutral -> X1
Line Hot -> 23

I don't understand the differences. Can anyone explain?

I think I remember being confused for a minute when I started doing mine, because the Auber instructions show it on 240v, right? While PJ does them just off one line, 120. They're still very bright ran on 120 btw.

Back