Sad Day for My Bike

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrb

Reaction score
Now that my wife is about to give birth to our son I made a needed, yet sad deal.
(Almost a deal with the devil.) I agreed to sell my motorcycle. It was a beautiful grey and white 2005 Honda VT7500 totally sotck. Garage kept with very low mileage. :( She is due to be induced tomorrow and wouldn't you know it, someone bought the bike tonight. Kids are more than worth it, but it was my very first true toy.

At least she said that I could put some of the cash towards my beer fund. Some new equipment on the horizon. :eek:

Seeing someone ride off on your former bike is very depressing moment. You quickly forget all the times you were pelted by rocks, rode in the freezing cold or rain and only remember those story book rides where time stood still and all was perfect in the world if just for those moments.....

Can you tell I have been browsing craigslist ever since for my next one????

I've only said bye-bye to one bike, one of the original rice rockets, a ZPG550. A real pain to maintain with four cylinders & four carburetors. The guy didn't ride it off though. He didn't have a license yet and trailered it.

Well, with the new baby the memory will fade quickly.

But a place in my heart still remembers.....

That's tough. Just keep the dream alive and you'll be riding again before you know it and it'll all be worth it.

BTW - These are my kids...

keely%20and%20%20grant%202006.jpg

But this is my baby. Wanna guess which one I'll have to watch leave first? ;)

Zed%20lookin'%20good.jpg

Lil' Sparky said:
That's tough. Just keep the dream alive and you'll be riding again before you know it and it'll all be worth it.

BTW - These are my kids...

keely%20and%20%20grant%202006.jpg

But this is my baby. Wanna guess which one I'll have to watch leave first? ;)

You'll have your hands full with the one on the left. Mine is getting ready to leave for college while my boy is just entering the 7th grade at 6 ft.

Cute kids. Good job!

I know what you are going through mrb...! I had to sell my yamaha Vstar 650 last year to pay for my son's braces. I watched the guy that bought it ride away. I too had some good memories on that bike. But my kids are worth it anyway.

By the way Lil' Sparky... cute kids. Looks like you got a couple of heartbreakers too! I have a son (soon to be 13) and a daughter nearly 10. They do grow up fast.

Cheers gents! :mug:

Thanks for the compliments. Yeah, my daughter's going to be a knockout. I can't believe something that pretty has 1/2 my DNA. We're about to lock her up for the next 10 years. ;) My son's a cross between a really cool dude and the spawn of Satan - he's definately mine (and SWMBO reminds me of that daily) :D I'm hoping he makes it to 7.

Back