Blue Point Toasted clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrookedTail

Reaction score
I'm not sure how available this beer is outside of the Northeast. I live right around the block from their brewery, and their Toasted Lager (their flagship brew) absolutely rocks. It's classified as a Vienna Lager.

Even though it's so readily available to me, I was thinking of brewing something similar to it. It's such a great daily drinker and I'd love to have something like it on tap at home.

I don't have the equipment available to lager, so I'll be using an ale yeast (US-05 or Kolsch). According to their website, the grain bill contains Munich malt, Caravienne, Crystal and Wheat malts. The actual amounts are not given. I have no doubt it is hopped with noble hops, or one of their American-bred replacements.

Below is a partial mash recipe that I've put together. I'd love some feedback if possible.

Fermentables
3lbs Extra Light DME
2lbs American Two-Row malt
2lbs Munich Malt 20L
.5lb White Wheat Malt
.5lb Caramel 40L
.25lb Belgian Caravienne

Hops
1oz Mt Hood (6AAU) @ 60 min
1oz Tettnanger (4AAU) @ 20 min
1oz Tettnanger (4AAU) @ Flameout

Yeast
US-05

Finings
Gelatin @ secondary

OG: 1.052
SRM: 10
IBU: 28

BP Toasted is my go-to summer BBQing beer.

If you're so close, maybe you could go and "chat" with them about it?

This would probably really please SWMBO if I could produce something like this regularly.

Subscribbled!!

BP Toasted is my go-to summer BBQing beer.

If you're so close, maybe you could go and "chat" with them about it?

This would probably really please SWMBO if I could produce something like this regularly.

Subscribbled!!

It's kind of tough for me to meet with them. Their tasting room is open some strange hours, and it's hard to get there between work and all. I'll try to get there.

I believe the production and bottling of the bottled version is contracted out to a brewery in your neck of the woods. If you've ever tried it on tap it tastes a little different than the bottled version.

I've thought about doing this for a while. I think I may finally try it. I just wanted to get some feedback from the experts on here.

Would LOVE to know how this comes out for you...recently went to NYC to visit my sister, and by a friend's recommendation I tried this...UNREAL!! Just mentioned it to a brewer friend that we should try making it also...keep us posted.

Been looking for a Toasted clone for a good while. Anxious to hear how this turns out. Good luck.

I love Toasted Lager....it's a nice slice of home for me. Whenever I head back to LI, I always go to the brewery...it's about 10 minutes down the road from where I grew up. Can't wait to hear the results!

I am looking for toasted clone as well. Anyone know of a mini mash kit that may be similar?

Back