Sampled My First Batch Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmferris

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A week and a half in, took a gravity reading and did a tasting of my first batch today. It is definitely a bit green, but I am so stoked as to how well it already tastes! I already love this hobby. :ban:

Before this, I had only done some Mr. Beer batches that I never was too happy with - and that was years ago. I skipped the kit, bought Beer Smith, did some research, and came up with what I think is going to be a pretty darned good Best Better. I am sure it is mostly beginner's luck, but I am still walking on air.

Another four and a half weeks to go until it will be ready to drink, after another week and a half before bottling. I am already counting down the days. Thanks for listening! Needed to share with people who I know would appreciate it.

Congrats!!!! Regardless how early in the process, the taste of your own homebrew in progress is always wonderful. Be patient and let that baby come of age and then post up a review!

The hardest part of home brewing is having the patience to let the beer age a bit. You have got to be feeling great about your brew. Give yourself a pat on the back!!

Bah! I say drink a few as it matures! I tasted a stout that I bottled 1 week ago and it was fairly well carbed and delicious (Although I admit it was oaking in a secondary for a few weeks...)

Anyway, you will appreciate the flavor changes if you sample once or twice a week.

And congrats, it's probably NOT first time luck. It's not that hard to make a pretty good beer if you understand a few basics.

nice! It is truely amazing how the beer changes with time. In even as little as a week the beer can take on big changes! Waiting is so hard, but so worth it! I wait a minimum of 8 weeks for my beers now.

Latest posts

Back