Turkey Fryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueblue

Reaction score
any recommended makes/models for turkey fryers (link if possible)? i'm looking for a cheap one. aluminum is fine.

Hit up the local supermarket. Wal-Mart, Meijer, ect. usually have them on sale in the winter.

thanks. the ones mentioned in that thread are the ones i keep running into online. my closest walmart didn't have any. i was considering ordering one online, but i didn't want to waste money on something that was going to fall apart when i use it once. certainly, you pay for what you get.

i wanted to see what others on the forum used, personally.

thanks. the ones mentioned in that thread are the ones i keep running into online. my closest walmart didn't have any. i was considering ordering one online, but i didn't want to waste money on something that was going to fall apart when i use it once. certainly, you pay for what you get.

i wanted to see what others on the forum used, personally.

I loooked at tons of them before I bought one on craigslist.. From what I saw, they were all constructed the same.. Same gauge aluminum, same size.. I honestly dont think that one is better than another.. So get the cheapest thing you can find and it will work just fine. No off flavors, aluminum poisoning, etc.....

I loooked at tons of them before I bought one on craigslist.. From what I saw, they were all constructed the same.. Same gauge aluminum, same size.. I honestly dont think that one is better than another.. So get the cheapest thing you can find and it will work just fine. No off flavors, aluminum poisoning, etc.....

awesome. the kettle is not so much of a problem (unless it is just unreasonably thin) i'm concerned more with poor design, cheap welds on the frame of the stove, cheap propane valve. the sort of stuff that makes you have to buy another one.

sounds like you've looked in to it though. probably not much of a difference. cheers.

My only suggestion for a turkey fryer is make sure you get one big enough to hold your full boils.

Aluminum vs SS - Only a cost issue as far as I am concerned.

And INSULATE THAT BADBOY!!! It helps wonders!
-Me

Back