Bottling Sucks!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moorerm04

Reaction score
I will have kegging equipment before I brew my next batch!!!! I frickin hate bottling!! What a Pain in the #SS!

I find it relaxing. Well, maybe not relaxing. But if you're drinking a brew while bottling brew, it helps.

You'll get better at it. I think you'll want to be able to do both. Kegs are not real mobile.

Preach it brother! That's my next upgrade too, kegging setup for sure. I already have a couple cornies, just need the co2 and kegerator.

I have been kegging for 4 years now and have since the get go and I bottled for the first time this summer and kind of enjoyed it. I do 10g. batches and now I keg 5g. and bottle 5g. I searched the forums here to get ideas for efficient and streamlined bottling procedures and bottling has been pretty fast and easy for me. I usually enlist my kids to help out with filling and packaging while I do the capping. I have a huge stock of clean bottles that I put in the dishwasher to run through a sanitize and heated dry cycle on bottling day. I do prefer pulling pints from a keg though, but bottles are easier to transport and exchange samples. Maybe check your process and see if it can be streamlined at all.

I don't really have a problem with bottling. The only real times I can say I haven't enjoyed it is when I brew a batch with leaf hops and some seeds or leaf bits get stuck in the bottle filler's plunger and plug it open. I do still plan on getting into kegging though, seeing as my roommate gave me a 20 lb CO2 tank for free, I figure the least I can do is have a corny full of beer ready for him the rest of the year.

i bought a vinator and a bottle tree a few weeks before getting my first kegging equipment infusion. I still use the vinator and tree for stuff like mead and still wines. Other than that I have little desire to bottle anything anymore. I might take a few big beers and bottle them for long term aging but other than that kegging is great. 5 minutes to rack into a keg is better than 30-45 minutes to bottle and cap 5 gallons.

I used to hate bottling. Moving to kegs has been awesome, especially since I can just grab a couple pints or a bomber from the keg if I need em .

I used to hate bottling. Moving to kegs has been awesome, especially since I can just grab a couple pints or a bomber from the keg if I need em .

Yeah If I want to take some brew with me I can just fill a growler, 54 bottles for a batch and a ton of work and clean up for it.... Plus with kegging and force carbing no more sediment!!!

I bottle while I am brewing..... so it really takes me no time at all.

I like having many different brews in my fridge at one time. It is not a big deal bottling. There is no way I could have 7 or 8 different breews on tap, but with bottles I can have that many or more in my fridge to select from.

If you hate bottling, try doing 20gal in one day. That my friend sucks.

The most I've done was 10 in one day, I wanted to slam the bottles aganist the wall by the time I was done. I did 5 last week, 5 today and 5 more will be done on Saturday. I just can't deal with more than 50 bottles at a time. I would rather brew and mash two beers back to back than bottle.

I get my kids to help me bottle. It goes super fast and easy. One sanitizes the next fills and I cap. Just don't wait until halftime of the second game after 5 or 6 before you bottle. Don't do that. I have noticed this second batch my son was able to fill them more evenly than he did the first one :)

How about a vinator for sanitizing bottles? I just got one and freaking love it.

Yep, I don't hate bottling anymore since I got the vinator. The way I see it, the best part about kegging is oxygen purging for beers that need to be fresh.

Latest posts

Back