Any good recipes for a newbie ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aschecte

Brewtus Maximus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am relatively new to home brewing and I'm looking to "graduate" from kits to recipes that don't come in a box. I am not looking to go all grain yet but I am comfortable with extract with grains and other adjuncts. Any advise how to go about starting a recipe or even better a easy recipe for a newbie that's getting away from kits. Thanks in advance for all the help.

look up recipes for partial mash. there are all kinds of recipes for lots of types of beers, including whatever you like

wow on the verge of feeling real dumb..... i'm new to the site I didn't realize there is a recipe section here. Guess i should have looked first.

wow on the verge of feeling real dumb..... i'm new to the site I didn't realize there is a recipe section here. Guess i should have looked first.

sometimes we all have a "OH, Duh!" moments when we are on here. i didn't know there was a search for about a month. then i was told!!!!

You could also look up kit recipes to get ideas of what grains to use for what stlyles.Digging through recipes gives you ideas on amounts to use as a general guideline the more you learn about the grain description you will also puzzle recipes together,it just takes some familiarity.

Back