Wine is watery and taste like vinigar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazamodo

Reaction score
Hi, i just racked my plum wine. I tasted it and it tastes watery, and like vinegar. The waterness is probably due to i messed up my water amounts, and did not have enough fruit for the amount of water i added.

Also it sat in a fermentation bucket, but i did not have room to put it into demijohns until it had completely stopped fermenting, so im afraid alot of air got in before i put it into secondary.

Is there a way to save this plum wine, or shall i pour it and try again next time?

yea. i read if you catch it early you can try and save it by adding a campden tab, stirring, and re-pitching yeast 24 hours later. so will try that but. im pretty sure ill pour it.

I added some of the plum from the primary, to some fresh pressed apple juice, added sugar and honey, and fermented it out.

If my plum had started to turn to vinegar, then would this probably be vinegar aswell?

Back