pushing rum with beer mix.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonp9576

Reaction score
so i have a tower with 6 faucets. i plan on doing 3 ales, soda, rum and a stout.

the ales and soda i will push with co2. the stout i will push with the beer mix through a stout faucet.

so i dont have to have a third tank in my keezer, i plan to push my rum with the beer mix as well. cost doesnt matter since my family owns a welding supply shop, and i make the beer mix myself. i assume the little amount of co2 in the mix wont carbonate the rum too much, and it wont matter too much because i am mixing it with coke any way. will this work? considering i have the soda at 30 psi. will the rum come flying out of the faucet, or should i just push it with co2, or bite the bullet and put a third tank of just nitrogen in the keezer as well.

is there anything i need to be concerned about

Since you plan on mixing it anyway, just push it with CO2. Beer gas needs high-resistance stout faucets, or a heck of a lot of hose.

thats what i was worried about. i was thinking that rum at the beer gas pressure would not flow well. i'll make it a double reg and push the rum at a lower pressure.

Back