Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my sparkling Cranberry/Blackberry mead! Its from July 2012 and tastes pretty good already. Carbonation is perfect!

P1010756.jpg

I have been looking for a great blackberry recipe and I love the look of this one. Couple of questions... What temp did you cook the honey at? What was the total time in primary an secondary? What was your fg? Ty.

Its only fermenting since yesterday and the temperature of the cooking i can't tell you because it was cooked in a pressure cooker, for about 2 hours.

I covered the jars of honey(closed) almost to the top with water and close the pressure cooker, kept it in a high flame until it starts to loosing the excess pressure and then kept the flame on low so I don't blow up the pan lol.

p.s: if you have any questions go to my topic, so we don't overflow this one with off-topics

This kiwi mead is only 6 months young but I think it is my favorite so far. Not a lot of kiwi flavor but a good rounded feel to it. A bit acidic but in a good way.

ForumRunner_20130502_230426.jpg

Not as fancy or as clear as the recent posts, but here is my Caramel Apple Braggot, honey and caramel biscuit malt mated with clover honey and apple cider; finished way too dry so back sweetened with coconut tree sap. Delicious caramel apple in a glass!

Man, that sounds epic.

A variant of jqgm. I used oceanspray mixed berry instead of welches, and backsweetened with 1 oz of honey and a 2oz the mixed berry plus 1 tbsp of undiluted peach concentrate. At 3 momths this is very drinkable and good. Kind of a fruit punch melomel.

ForumRunner_20130515_102938.png

Here's my Orange Blossom Cyser.

image-366869123.jpg

I did 2 gal AJ / 2 lb orange blossom honey. Added a few tablespoons of homemade orange blossom tincture (vodka infused with macerated fresh blossoms) at bottling, and back sweetened with another lb of orange honey. Once the flavors melded, a week or so after bottling, it ended up being my best creation yet.

johngottshall said:
Here is a couple bottles of the batch of JOAM that I had going since mid February crystal clear for about a month maybe longer. 13% abv could really taste the clove.

Love the tear drop shaped bottle. Did you buy that or salvage it from a bottle of wine?

I Love that bottle too. Man that JOAM goes fast when its bottled. Gonna make a 5 gallon batch in the next few weeks to be ready for the holidays....yes i will drink it a 6 months...=]

I'm not sure what kind of wine was in it. I do remember that it was imported from south africa

I just started with wine/mead making. The first is a sweet mead 8lbs of local honey in a 3 gallon batch and wyeast sweet mead. I used a local HBS's recipe. The second is a strawberry melomel that I should have paid a lot more attention to and used better honey
SWEETMEAD2_zpsa81ac6d6.jpg

STRAWBERRYMELOMEL_zps4a8e8e2e.jpg

Here is my Mixed Berry Melomel after it's 2rd racking. Currently only a month old. I used Blackberry, Blueberry, Strawberry and Raspberry in the primary with 3.5 pounds of Clove Honey. Tastes like it will turn out great in a few months when the flavors really start to show. This is my first melomel.

Here is my Mixed Berry Melomel after it's 3rd racking. Currently only a month old. I used Blackberry, Blueberry, Strawberry and Raspberry in the primary with 3.5 pounds of Clove Honey. Tastes like it will turn out great in a few months when the flavors really start to show. This is my first melomel.

Three rackings in one month? I'd consider a more conservative racking schedule if I were you. I can't imagine that you had very much sediment in such a short period of time, and you'll lose a lot of mead racking that often.

So many good looking meads, so little time to duplicate them.

Three rackings in one month? I'd consider a more conservative racking schedule if I were you. I can't imagine that you had very much sediment in such a short period of time, and you'll lose a lot of mead racking that often.

Sorry, I meant 2nd racking, no 3rd. First racking was just racking off the fruit after 6 days. I was forced to basically pour from the primary into the secondary through a screened funnel to remove the majority of the fruit pulp since I could not use my auto-syphon. Fermentation has slowed to almost nothing and I had a good 1/2 inch of sediment on the bottom, so I racked the 2nd time. I intend to let it age in that carboy for a few months before I consider touching it again. :mug:

I just started with wine/mead making. The first is a sweet mead 8lbs of local honey in a 3 gallon batch and wyeast sweet mead. I used a local HBS's recipe. The second is a strawberry melomel that I should have paid a lot more attention to and used better honey

To be honest, for the best melomel I've made I used really cheap and sub-par honey. Tried making a plain mead using the same honey... ugh, not good. But the melpmel turned out amazing.

Ended up making the plain into a spiced melomel.

image-1252076861.jpg

Joes ancient orange mead, just shy of two months. Crystal clear, wondering if this means it is done or if I should give it more time or rack into a secondary?

First mead ive ever made! Apple Cinnamon pic taking on day two its almost a week old now, i have a question should i remove the airlock and push some of the apple slices down? And when should i rack into secondary?

ForumRunner_20130524_225336.jpg

Bordy said:
Joes ancient orange mead, just shy of two months. Crystal clear, wondering if this means it is done or if I should give it more time or rack into a secondary?

Joe says when it's clear, it's ready!

Bordy said:

Mine was the same. I went ahead and bottled and it was fine. Needs longer to age for the flavor to be right but if you followed the exact recipe you should be fine. It's done.

meankane said:
First mead ive ever made! Apple Cinnamon pic taking on day two its almost a week old now, i have a question should i remove the airlock and push some of the apple slices down? And when should i rack into secondary?

Apple slices should be fine. You should rack when you notice a good bit of sediment at the bottom. Probably around the 30 day to 60 day mark.

Back