South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 17!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got out of work. No response yet from NCM so I'm going to call them first thing tomorrow morning to check the status.

paranoid-1.gif

Lions and bears. Oh my.

At this point, I will contribute anything needed to expedite the process.

As of Sunday, June 19th @ 3PM EDT, I am officially out of grain. :(

My only choices are to NOT brew this weekend or go to the LHBS and bend-over...

I got some info from them and it looks like we might have hope to miss the rain next weds/thursday. I have it set up for next thursday at the moment but its pending based on the rain. I have to give NCM the go ahead about delivery if it looks like it will work.

As of right now, it says we have a 40% chance of rain. I'll keep it as is and if it seems like the % is increasing by this thurs/fri, i'll reschedule.

I'll PM everyone with pickup details on Thusday so i can get a last min look at the weather.

On a side note, anyone with a pickup truck (able to handle a 2000LB load) able to help lug one of these pallets? I have access to a box truck but might not be able to get it next week. I can do both myself but it would be faster to have a second truck meet me there instead of making 2 trips.

I got some info from them and it looks like we might have hope to miss the rain next weds/thursday. I have it set up for next thursday at the moment but its pending based on the rain. I have to give NCM the go ahead about delivery if it looks like it will work.

As of right now, it says we have a 40% chance of rain. I'll keep it as is and if it seems like the % is increasing by this thurs/fri, i'll reschedule.

I'll PM everyone with pickup details on Thusday so i can get a last min look at the weather.

On a side note, anyone with a pickup truck (able to handle a 2000LB load) able to help lug one of these pallets? I have access to a box truck but might not be able to get it next week. I can do both myself but it would be faster to have a second truck meet me there instead of making 2 trips.

I have a trailer that could probably hold both.

P/U not at same place?

I have a pickup with a cap. I could fit both pallets in my truck if there not stacked higher than the opening.

I have a pickup with a cap. I could fit both pallets in my truck if there not stacked higher than the opening.

They are too high to fit your truck.

I don't think I can make it this time, my wife has her check-up Thursday night. If it is Wednesday, I might be able to help out.

They are too high to fit your truck.

I don't think I can make it this time, my wife has her check-up Thursday night. If it is Wednesday, I might be able to help out.

Tell her she has to go alone because you need the truck.

If she locks the laser-beam eyes on you, deploy chaff...

$$$$, $$$$, $$$$$, $$$, $, $$, $$$$$, $$$

:D

Tell her she has to go alone because you need the truck.

If she locks the laser-beam eyes on you, deploy chaff...

$$$$, $$$$, $$$$$, $$$, $, $$, $$$$$, $$$

:D

I wish it were that simple. We are only about a month away from our second child so these check-ups are very important. I try to make it to every single one throughout the pregnancy, as I did with my first son.

I wish it were that simple. We are only about a month away from our second child so these check-ups are very important. I try to make it to every single one throughout the pregnancy, as I did with my first son.

Congrats ! :mug:

Aha! I see that you, also, are assembling your future brewhouse staff :)

new100_1822.jpg

Yeah I wouldn't miss that for anything. I made everyone of my wifes Dr visits while she was pregnant. It's quite amazing to see the change and know that a new human being is being created inside of her and to see all the changes that she is going through

Right on. I agree. My (almost) two-year old is already a pro at pouring a pint...It won't be long before I get him used to running my brewhaus.

Congrats ! :mug:

Aha! I see that you, also, are assembling your future brewhouse staff :)

new100_1822.jpg

Next thing you know.. you'll be looking for locks and chains to keep your nectar from going awol. The neighborhood crew will all be hanging out after school trying to kick the keg before the adults get home, or growlers keep disappearing and the kegs keep getting lighter! Go to offer a buddy a beer and your trying to pour out of kicked kegs. They go from kids to adults sucking down all your brews! LOL

BTW the grain pallets are about 2350 lbs each

Just PM'd the following:

The delivery date has been set for Thursday, June 30th at 7:45pm!
RAIN will be the only cause for a change so please check the forum BEFORE going to the pickup location!)
7905 North Route 130
Pennsauken, NJ
When arriving at the pickup location, please park in the WHITE parking lot furthest away from the building. Stay to your left when pulling in from the front or to your right if coming in from the back.
If you have any questions 856-313-xxxx

Since there are so many people involved this time around, please try to pickup for fellow brewers if possible!

If you are splitting grain, please bring buckets/bags for your split and a scale if you want to be spot on. Home Buckets are the most commonly used bucket so its easier to eye up your splits.

Anyone in or near Delaware be able to pick up my stuff for me? I have a rehearsal dinner for my buddies wedding that night and can't make it.

Anyone able to pick up for me on Thurs night? I work in Philly on Friday and can pick up in the early afternoon.

KozHops said:
Anyone able to pick up for me on Thurs night? I work in Philly on Friday and can pick up in the early afternoon.

Hey koz, can you swing by northeast Philly on Friday?

Can anyone pick up for me? I live in Ambler, PA (Montgomery County). Unfortunately, I have 5 bags.

I have softball at 6:30 and 9 on Thursday. I can pick it up at 11:00pm that night or the next day sometime.

lordura said:
Everyone make plans for Thursday?

Native, If no one will hold for you, i will.

Thanks Brother! I'll let you know by Wednesday if I can't find another way.

Can anyone pick up for me? I live in Ambler, PA (Montgomery County). Unfortunately, I have 5 bags.

I have softball at 6:30 and 9 on Thursday. I can pick it up at 11:00pm that night or the next day sometime.

Are you making this a habit? :D

I'm seriously wondering if I have the room. I'll have to tie SWMBO to the roll bar...

Are you doing any splits?

Are you making this a habit? :D

I'm seriously wondering if I have the room. I'll have to tie SWMBO to the roll bar...

Are you doing any splits?

No, definitely not a habit and no splits. This is my second grain group buy (attended the first and picked up for someone else as well). This grain should last me for a while.

My softball games are in Warrington, so I could probably get to Lansdale by 10:25pm or 10:30pm. That's if you can pick up for me...I know you are getting a ton of grain already.

Is anyone bringing a scale. I have two splits but dont have a scale that can handle a half sack.

No, definitely not a habit and no splits. This is my second grain group buy (attended the first and picked up for someone else as well). This grain should last me for a while.

My softball games are in Warrington, so I could probably get to Lansdale by 10:25pm or 10:30pm. That's if you can pick up for me...I know you are getting a ton of grain already.

Just kidding, didn't I pick up a bag and a qt. of candi syrup for you once? Could have been someone else from Ambler...

I'm only getting a quarter ton, perhaps I'll order a ton next time :D

I think I can squeeze it in. I wanna do my part in help making this quick and easy :rockin:

Back