Houston Group Grain Buy #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Group buys are a lot of work so I only plan to do them when I need grain. The good news is that I brew a lot, but it will still be 5-6 months before I need more grain at the earliest. I did 3 this year, but I'll probably only do 1-2 next year and look for people to buy more bags.

When I get another thread started I'll post here and the last grain buy as well as email whoever got access to the spreadsheet this time.

A couple more people need to pick up, but it's essentially complete. mredge73, I didn't get any responses from the email you had linked to the spreadsheet so I sold your bags.

I didn't know I had linked an email to that spreadsheet, not really sure how to fix it.

its hard to tell from the picture, but are these standard 5 gallon buckets? I was thinking these could be used to ferment in.

edit: Id be in for 5 at least.

its hard to tell from the picture, but are these standard 5 gallon buckets? I was thinking these could be used to ferment in.

It says food-grade, so I should think so. Maybe we can ask for the little triangle number on the bottom? I'll take 5.

Ok, gimme the other ten, putting me at 20. Now we can order them! Thanks to Twang for finding and posting this.

I'll contact them and try to arrange to pick up this Saturday. Will post back w/ update.

How'd the bucket buy go?

Is anyone signed up for the Saint Arnold AHA Rally next month?

The bucket deal fell through. No one picked up the ball when Twang had to leave town on business.

Ima be out of town on the 24th :mad:

I'm planning on going to the AHA Rally. I haven't been to one yet, but if nothing else its an excuse to go to the saucer or petrol while I'm in town.

Good idea!

Just out of curiosity, did anyone buy a bit too much grain last time around? I'm flat out of base malt and willing to buy some surplus if any of you have some. Just let me know.

Thanks.

AHA Rally tour

ForumRunner_20130224_135848.jpg

We'll be doing another buy of grain in the next few month's I expect. I wouldn't hold my breath on the buckets though. I think that was a one time thing.

I'll setup a new buy in mid to late March with looking to order for late April or early May. More details to come.

I'll setup a new buy in mid to late March with looking to order for late April or early May. More details to come.

I think I have just about enough base malts to last me that long. Hopefully I don't have to get too kitchen sinky between now and then. I guess we can start setting up our split bags now.

It will come. I'm by no means at the kitchen sink level of grain. The mild I'll be brewing this weekend won't impact my levels much. The big saison day and barleywine brew will use up a good portion of grain though.

I'll post a link to a new spreadsheet in the next week for those that want to "reserve" a spot, but early May delivery would still be the target time frame. That being said I think there will be more demand than can fit on one pallet but not enough for two pallets. We got to 2 pallets last time with two large orders that I don't expect this time around.

Latest posts

Back