Tupelo Mississippi Beer Scene?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When are you coming MS? Lucky Town (our newest brewery) is debuting their beers in Tupelo Saturday we will be at the Blue Canoe in Tupelo from 1-4.

There is also a craft beer festival Mar 2.

PS. I am not from Tupelo (I am 1 hour south). So I don't have too many answers.

kehaar said:
When are you coming MS? Lucky Town (our newest brewery) is debuting their beers in Tupelo Saturday we will be at the Blue Canoe in Tupelo from 1-4.

Whoops. I guess the Mar 2 date is out.

passedpawn said:
Man, they have great beers on tap at the Blue Canoe, and they had the best jazz band playing there. This little blonde girl was blowing the trombone with style. Wish I could have stayed later. I'm going back tomorrow!

Well Mississippi license plates plates do say "Birthplace of America's Music". You are in Elvis's birth place. He live there until he was 9 (I think). There is a nice Elvis museum in Tupelo including the shotgun shack he was born in.

Have fun.

Well Mississippi license plates plates do say "Birthplace of America's Music". You are in Elvis's birth place. He live there until he was 9 (I think). There is a nice Elvis museum in Tupelo including the shotgun shack he was born in.

Have fun.

Yea, the rental car employee told me about the birthplace shack. He said he visited it, tripped while entering the front door, and fell out the back door. Small place.

Yea, the rental car employee told me about the birthplace shack. He said he visited it, tripped while entering the front door, and fell out the back door. Small place.

You are about 50 miles East of Oxford, MS (home of Ole Miss). Thursday night might be good at the courthouse square. They have lots of bars. It is a pretty nice area.

You're about 60 miles North of Mississippi State Univ. The bars are a bit more scattered. Dave's Darkhorse Tavern and Halfway house are good there.

Kehaar. I am from West Point which is about an hour south of Tupelo. Where is Lucky Town Brewery? Can you give some more info. I will probably be in Tupelo sat. migjt have to stop by the Blue Canoe.

MagooBrew said:
Kehaar. I am from West Point which is about an hour south of Tupelo. Where is Lucky Town Brewery? Can you give some more info. I will probable be in Tupelo sat. migjt have to stop by the Blue Canoe.

Lucky Town is a new brewery from Gluckstadt (Jackson suburb). They are actually contract brewing at Back Forty in Gadsen, AL while they wait to build a facility in MS. The owners are cry nice. I met them recently and they all stopped and talked with me answered lots of my questions.

Here is what they wrote on Facebook:
"Alright North Mississippi we will stop teasing you! It's official we are heading north this week. We will be hosting several release events this weekend, our first will be Friday at the The Blind Pig in Oxford starting at 7pm. Saturday we will be at the Blue Canoe in Tupelo from 1-4, then heading straight to Starkville to finish our weekend at the Halfway House starting at 7pm. Thank you so much to our distributor up there Better Brands Distributing for helping us make this weekend epic!"

Follow them on twitter @LuckyTownBrew

PS. Are you a member of Golden Triangle Brewers? We meet at the smokestack in West Point (in the private lounge in back) on the first Wednesday of each month. We have lots of brewing events. You are welcome to come by. Meetings are from 6-8pm.

PS. Are you a member of Golden Triangle Brewers? We meet at the smokestack in West Point (in the private lounge in back) on the first Wednesday of each month. We have lots of brewing events. You are welcome to come by. Meetings are from 6-8pm.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I joined at the Dec meeting. I have enjoyed the chances I have got to converse with other members . I made it to the get together last saturday in Starkville and really enjoyed it.

MagooBrew said:
PS. Are you a member of Golden Triangle Brewers? We meet at the smokestack in West Point (in the private lounge in back) on the first Wednesday of each month. We have lots of brewing events. You are welcome to come by. Meetings are from 6-8pm.

Yes. I joined at the Dec meeting. I have enjoyed the chances I have got to converse with other members . I made it to the get together last saturday in Starkville and really enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]

And you know a bit more than average about boilers.

I am Tommy Morris.

Back