Keezer: My turn!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laser_Falcon

Reaction score
First, thank you. To all those who have posted before and helped to shape my plan. I stole great ideas and learned where I can avoid trouble. So thanks. Second, my wife agreed to let me place the keezer in the dining room IF it was enough quality to deserve invading such a valuable space. And last, thanks to my friend Brad who had all the equipment and space to build. I hope beer is repayment enough.
Let me know what you think, everyone. This is the second thing I have ever built. Turned out well I think. Enjoy!

image-2405563046.jpg

image-589861657.jpg

image-1853989261.jpg

image-3140283014.jpg

image-4224342026.jpg

image-2361043529.jpg

image-961034926.jpg

image-1381011075.jpg

image-2855416197.jpg

What kind of wood did you use. Looks very rustic. how many different stains did you use to get this effect or was it the wood reacting differently. very nice. Cheers:mug:

Freaking amazing. Makes me want to make one immediately. I got a fridge with 4 faucets sittin' in the garage. Just gotta drill some holes and connect. Ain't gunna be pretty like this one. You have definitely earned some bragging rights.

I got the wood from a vintage lumber yard. All of it is reclaimed, different types of which I couldn't identify. They plained and cut the wood down to 2 & 3 inch panels for me to use. Expensive at $10 a square foot but I would do it again.

I some day plan on making something like that, but I plan on using reclaimed pallets for most of the lumber.

What kind of grout did you use to secure the tile to the top? Are the tile glued directly to the plywood? Nice build!

Second, my wife agreed to let me place the keezer in the dining room IF it was enough quality to deserve invading such a valuable space.

View attachment 79464

I showed this to SWMBO & she told me if I can make one looking that good I can put it upstairs in the dining/living room. LoL...

I like the style using the tiles & reclaimed wood. Those tiles almost match our living room tables too, which is why SWMBO probably liked it. :mug:

This is the kinda stuff I do for a living .... And that's some good craftsmanship right there !!!! Good job looks great !!!

insp79 said:
What kind of grout did you use to secure the tile to the top? Are the tile glued directly to the plywood? Nice build!

I used sanded, gray grout. Whatever brand the depot had. They are set with adhesive to the plywood. My friend, who helped, has a tile saw and does tile installs on the side. Quite helpful.

Back