What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homebrew dark IPA.

ForumRunner_20130201_225219.jpg

bmwmunk said:
New Albion Brewery

New Albion Ale

Brewed by Sam Adams no? I thought they did a revival of new Albion which went out of business well before I was born haha

Wachuesett IPA. Confirms my initial reaction. It's technically an IPA, but it just doesn't do it for me. Their Larry DIPA and Green Monsta IPA are a better example of the quality they can put out.

20130109_174500.jpg

Clearly that homosexual Nord didn't notice that I am chugging Surly like it's going out of style.. :D hey Nard, what do you want from here?

Mmmm... Surly. I've got two Abrasives left in the fridge. Contemplating saving one for comparison when I get around to brewing my attempt at a clone, but I really want to drink them both. I feel like I've had it enough times I'd know it if I tasted it.

EDIT: Almost hope my next duty station is in Washington so I can drive through Minnesota on the way there. Make a good two or three day stop to drink copious amounts of Surly and stock up while I am there. Yeah, that'd be awesome.

I still remember when green monster was the name of Art Arfon's land speed car back during the days of Craig Breedlove's Spirit of America goin 601mph.
I drank Some SA winter lager (dark wheat bock) & oskar blue's dale's pale ale again last night. Got plenty left for later. But water & blood pressure pils atm.

2nd on the coffee currently, but last night I explored a really nice Grand Cru from Green Flash brewing, nice maltiness, very tasty beer.

Coffee also. Just bought 4 pounds of raw, unroasted coffee beans and a hot air popcorn popper. Gonna try roasting beans myself.

Damn, this thread moves like none I've ever saw. I can't even find my post from last night. It's buried deep!

I'd like to get this cool coffee machine I saw at BJ's. you load the water & beans,set the strength & brew time. When it's time to brew,it grinds the beans & dumps them into the basket & brews the coffee fresh ground. Expensive but sounds cool.
And yeah,this is def a popular thread.:mug:

Coffee also. Just bought 4 pounds of raw, unroasted coffee beans and a hot air popcorn popper. Gonna try roasting beans myself.

Damn, this thread moves like none I've ever saw. I can't even find my post from last night. It's buried deep!

no joke! I used to go back & read them all, but I had to quit.

Cider123 said:

Be careful! You won't ever be happy with 99.9% of the coffee you can buy once you start roasting your own.

Perpetual ... amazingly they don't have Nugget Nectar on tap yet (too busy packaging for resale). Still this is FAR better than from the bottle)

Awesome! I will be heading their sometime in the next few weeks. My brother and his wife live about 10 minutes away from the brewery. He always raves about the scratch beers they put out. I have had a few and feel that some have been better than their regular lineup.

Drinking sculpin IPA as well. Got it in Hagerstown Md. I asked the dude working what was his freshest IPA he suggested sculpin. Its got a 6/15/13 enjoy by date. Pretty awesome. I'm emotional about it.

Freshly kegged galaxy IPA, fermented with AHS WLP299. A branch off of the AHS galaxy pale ale recipe. Delicious!

**EDIT***
Sorry for the sideways picture... I have no idea how to fix it, and this beer is too good to worry about it...

image.jpg

Back