Temperature controlled fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richlong8020

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm looking for some insight on a small freezer and temp regulator to start temp controlling my fermentations. I'm looking for a freezer to hold 1-2 primary fermenters. Nothing big or "keezer" size but i want to monitor an actual fermentation at the actual temp recommended.

Looking for make, model, price range, size/dimensions (location if your in the So Cal area). Also if you have recommendations on a temp control device.

Any advice would be great and I will put it to good use.

Thx and your all amazing ;)

Hey everyone. I'm looking for some insight on a small freezer and temp regulator to start temp controlling my fermentations. I'm looking for a freezer to hold 1-2 primary fermenters. Nothing big or "keezer" size but i want to monitor an actual fermentation at the actual temp recommended.

Looking for make, model, price range, size/dimensions (location if your in the So Cal area). Also if you have recommendations on a temp control device.

Any advice would be great and I will put it to good use.

Thx and your all amazing ;)

It's dark out so I can't check make or modle, but I bought a 7.1 cu in freezer at SAM'S club for $120 or close to that. I can 2 5 gallon fermenters in it. the 6.5 gallon is to tall for the air lock to fit. I use 2 gallon buckets for small batches and can put 4 in the freezer. I use this controller.

http://www.amazon.com/Johnson-Controls-A19AAT-2C-Temperature-Controller/dp/B0002EAL58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353742386&sr=8-1&keywords=johnson+temperature+controller

Last edited by a moderator:
Just by the interior measurements the GE 7 cu ft freezer, two 6 Gal carboys should fit. The 6 Gal carboy is 25 in to the top of the air lock

Depth 22 in
Height 33.25 in
Width 37 in

now I just need the best price. ;). Will have to check the big buy stores.

I use a 7 cu ft Magic Chef freezer I bought at Home Depot ($159 on sale recently)....and a Johnson Controls A419 temp controller....love the controller

Freezer will hold 1 ale pail and 1 carboy, or 2 carboys......wont hold 2 ale pales though

Back