Child Labor and who else is guilty?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeavyKettleBrewing

Reaction score
Force carbing for a get together/BBQ tonight. I think he was having fun.

20120729_102452.jpg

I didn't mean to hit the "like" button, but since I can't remove it, well... I did find that censor bar pretty damn funny.

My kid likes to measure and crush the grain. I have to lift the crusher off the wall for her, but she does the rest. She even understands how to tare the scale for each ingredient. I bet she could brew an entire batch if she had a recipe.

Hmmm......

I brewed up my first batch last week, my 5yr old daughter was all about helping me. She asks every night if I'm going to make beer now so she can help. I think I might have someone to help clean beer bottles! Haha! I'll have to get my wife to take some pictures!

My oldest daughter who's 8 is not to into it. But my son who is 2 1/2 is all about it. He likes to flick all the switches on my control panel, and has been caught pulling my tap handles on my kegerator spilling beer all over the garage floor....

My 15 year old knows more about brewing than some in my club. His high school teacher was talking about yeast and how it works with grains/sugars. He related it to beer brewing. My son added that rice is a popular grain that is used my major breweries. Teacher disagreed, son challanged him to a Google search and of coarse win. Teacher asked how he knew, to which he responds, my dad brewed at home, and I'm the first assistant!

Tadpole said:
I brewed up my first batch last week, my 5yr old daughter was all about helping me. She asks every night if I'm going to make beer now so she can help. I think I might have someone to help clean beer bottles! Haha! I'll have to get my wife to take some pictures!

Enjoy it while it lasts. My daughter 'helped' up to age 7 or so. Now she's 8 1/2 and just rolls her eyes her eyes when I start measuring water ... I miss the old days!

My six year old daughter likes crush the grain. Warmed my heart a little today when she told her Mom that we can't go to the county fair on Monday because that's the day we are supposed to pick Daddy's hops.

My daughter who is five is my capper during bottling. She says I should sale some of the beer I have sitting around!!

Glad to see the posts coming. We are on a roadtrip through OR, WA, and CA. Every time we stop, the boys ask if we are getting daddy some beer. Now I have to quiz them on the breweries we passed. I love my little helpers. Portland tonight... Hopworks anyone?

My son loves to use the capper. He's eleven and only about 55 lbs so he has to put all of his weight into pushing down the arms. It's funny to watch but he loves it.

My daughter usually does the sanitation. She uses the Avinnator bottle rinser with starsan.

With the kids help, I can bottle two cases in about an hour. Fun for the whole family.

My little girl and I went to More Beer in Riverside, Ca. today for a brewing demonstration. One of the guys asked her what her favorite part of helping her Daddy brew was....she told him that DRINKING IT was her favorite part. That's my 6 year old, innocent, little girl... boy am I in trouble

photo-2.jpg

This picture just might get me arrested.... ;)

I have my kids weigh out hops and put them in individual 1lb bags to get ready for resale.

DSCN3061.jpg

My son used to love helping me stir the wort, now he doesn't like the smell......

I have had good results adding children directly to my fermenter, and have had no know issues with infection. Make sure to wash and dry the children first. Homegrown children make it that much more cool.

Monster Mash said:
This picture just might get me arrested.... ;)

I have my kids weigh out hops and put them in individual 1lb bags to get ready for resale.

Sorry, but the authorities have been notified. That is just wrong.

Awesome thread....my kids helped me bottle my beer until i started kegging. They also love helping with hop additions and giving a helping hand with all of my brewing diy builds. Some of my neighbors think that it is a little strange that I let them help, but its harmless and they like spending time with their dad. Oh....btw, they were 6 & 8 when I started taking advantage of their eagerness to help. :D

This is awesome! I'm expecting my first around the first of the year. Looking forward to some daddy daughter time around the mash tun!

Latest posts

Back