Loc-Line colors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FenoMeno

Reaction score
Went online to buy some Loc-Line for a recirc. line. Any idea if the different colors (other than blue/orange) have different uses/max temps/food grade etc?

I don't think the color is an indication of anything. I have a pair of white ones and there is no special markings on it that would indicate otherwise. The only marking is the loc-line name.

I plan on the loc-line for the HLT and MLT, not sure about the temps for the BK. Any thoughts?

We spoke to the manufacturer this morning, and then to the chemist for loc-line.
The melting point is 340*. After 170* they may not be able to bend around as they are designed. She did not know of any harmful chemicals that would enter a liquid at only boiling.
They offer a double joint connector so you can add a threaded end on the bottom end with a coupler.
I bought this and am going to use a 1/2" compression fitting with a SS tube that goes down into the boiling wort for the whirlpool.

I've had one for my BK inlet and have used it for 4 batches. No melting or off flavors that I can detect and I'm not dead yet. That's not to say that it's 100% safe but good enough for me.

Back