First Logo Thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrLucky13

Reaction score
Any thoughts would be great.

FremontSt.jpg

I like the basic concept I'm going to have to agree with FourBeasts... though you could make some simple moves to spice it up.... an old fashioned street sign... reflective effects... etc...

I agree. I am just not that good with Illustrator. I did a white and black one but looked even more plain.

Thanks for the comments.

I agree with FourBeasts as well. A few thoughts:

Street signs may be different where you live, but the corners of the sign look too rounded to me, makes it a little less visually clear that it's a street sign and not just a color block.

Street signs are usually very tied in with their surroundings, and I see that reflected a lot on really successful street-sign-based logos. Including a part of the pole, angling the sign (either by rotating or creating perspective--either should be easy to do in Illustrator), making the sign look worn, adding light reflections, etc etc. Might really help bring the logo some more individual character.

The text "Brewing Co." seems tacked on, enough so that I initially mistook it for a watermark or copyright. Think about expanding it across more of the sign, centering it, or otherwise integrating it more with the rest of the logo so it's not such a visual footnote. Also, for internal consistency you might remove the period after "Co," considering you don't use one after "ST" in the sign.

You might consider bringing down the brightness and/or saturation on the green slightly. That particular green just looks kind of "clipart-y."

Hope that helps. Above all, play with it. Some of my best design work has resulted from me just dinking around in Photoshop playing with tools I didn't understand. ;)

Thank you all for your comments.

StaggerBrew Thanks. I'm not sure yet. The Street signs were I live are more like this but I am not very talented in adobe.
plymouth.jpg

Which would make it more unique. Thoughts?

Back