Brewhemoth Black Friday Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEBrew

Reaction score
[Shameless plug]

The Brewhemoth is having a Black Friday Sale! 25% off any purchase of $600 or more.

Offer valid on Black Friday only! Check out the website or Facebook page for all the details!

[/Shameless plug]

i was just waiting to hear back from Dale on a question i had before i placed my order.....Thank You Dale for not getting back to me!

Will you be taking phone orders that day? Is there a way to custom order another tc fitting for a thermowell via your website. I'm gonna want to order two conicals this way!

Eta:
1/4 vs 3/8 any reason why bigger diameter isn't better. According to the website they both can chill 25 below ambient temp so does that mean the 3/8 just does it faster right? Also I can't seem to find it but thought I read somewhere some had a fitting added so they could use a oxygen stone mounted inside the conical does this sound right/ possible?

There is an item in their store called extra fitting. I assume you can add a couple of those to your order and either add a note or they will contact you prior to fabrication.

Re the larger chiller I would expect the larger diameter coil would allow dropping temp more than the 1/4" chiller, in addition to doing it more quickly. It would obviously depend on what you are using to chill......glycol or water.

There is an item in their store called extra fitting. I assume you can add a couple of those to your order and either add a note or they will contact you prior to fabrication.

I saw that .... so I guess after the order is placed with an extra fitting they must contact you with ?'s on placement of the fitting. I'm fine with that just would like to know for sure that they don't just weld on an extra fitting at their discretion.

Re the larger chiller I would expect the larger diameter coil would allow dropping temp more than the 1/4" chiller, in addition to doing it more quickly. It would obviously depend on what you are using to chill......glycol or water.

That's what I figured just making sure I wasn't missing something. Now if I could just find out whether an extra fitting for a aeration stone is possible and where to have it put. Thanks for the replies!

The one from more beer on a TC fitting is only 6" long so you would have to put it just above the cone, but you would have to leave it there through fermentation.

Doctor_M said:
Will you be taking phone orders that day? Is there a way to custom order another tc fitting for a thermowell via your website. I'm gonna want to order two conicals this way! Eta: 1/4 vs 3/8 any reason why bigger diameter isn't better. According to the website they both can chill 25 below ambient temp so does that mean the 3/8 just does it faster right? Also I can't seem to find it but thought I read somewhere some had a fitting added so they could use a oxygen stone mounted inside the conical does this sound right/ possible?

I'm looking for the thermowell option as well! Not sure if I should place in fridge or order with chiller?

I'm looking for the thermowell option as well! Not sure if I should place in fridge or order with chiller?

I spoke with josh today, they won't have anyone to take live calls on Friday. He said when you go to checkout select extra fitting and qty of extra fitting then there should be a place for comments. Describe what u want there as best as possible. He said an additional fitting for a thermowell are very common and are usually just an additional 1.5 inch fitting right above the cone/ 5 gallon mark and that's how I should try and describe in the notes. I'm thinking I may get another fitting on the top identical to the one that comes standard and is used as a blow of port so when doing pressurized ferments I can have the spunding valve on one and the other fitting with a cap that has a pressure relief valve like you find on top of a ball lock keg. If that ends up being a dumb idea I can always just cap it and not utilize it.

You could always order it without the chiller and if you decide you want it buy it later. Not sure if the non tc version can be retrofitted with the chiller (honestly I haven't even looked at the non tc) but the tc ones it's a drop in unit.
That being said I like the idea of the chiller since I'm ordering two I'm planning on using a small chest freezer like others have done and using two pumps for each conical. Should help with overall space that's used.

Well, I think my decision has been made thanks to this sale! I was originally thinking of converting sanke's to fermenters but found the Brewhemoth a little over a week ago. I was just in the research phase but spoke with the boss today and she said I can get it. Selling point was that I would buy it but can't use it until I sell off enough other brewing stuff to pay for it. Already sold some stainless pipe fittings that I was going to build a RIMS with and plan on selling off three sanke's, some carboys, 3 gallon and 2.5 gallon kegs (kegs are to make room for more five gallon ones). Brewhemoth, here I come! I would buy two but she would probably divorce my ass!

This is Dale from the Brewhemoth. Sorry to not answer any emails lately, I have been on vacation the past two weeks. The biggest advantage to the 3/8 chiller is it requires a smaller pump. There are many advantages to that, one being that the heat load added to your chilling water is less. Extra fittings are easy, add the number of extra fittings you want, and in comments section describe what and where, Sully (our welder) will call if he is not sure what you want.

In for two with additional fittings for a thermowell and sampling valve!

And seriously, the convenience of a sampling valve for taking gravity readings can't be underestimated. That and you can have your very own cask ale at home if you do pressurized fermenations! :)

WOOHOO! Just submitted my order and couldn't be happier! 2-3 weeks ago I started thinking about a conical, found the Brewhemoth a week ago, found out about the sale yesterday and today I was able to purchase my first conical with a $160 savings! I wanted to buy two of them but don't have the room/budget right now.

WOOHOO! Just submitted my order and couldn't be happier! 2-3 weeks ago I started thinking about a conical, found the Brewhemoth a week ago, found out about the sale yesterday and today I was able to purchase my first conical with a $160 savings! I wanted to buy two of them but don't have the room/budget right now.

Ordered two tc 3/8 chilled versions with two added fittings! :ban:

Ugh! I've had my Brewhemoth for two years and am so tempted to pick up another today. If a new grain mill wasn't higher on my list of needs, I would have ordered one already!

Ugh! I've had my Brewhemoth for two years and am so tempted to pick up another today. If a new grain mill wasn't higher on my list of needs, I would have ordered one already!

The money you save could practically buy a grain mill!!! lol

They used to say 20 days or so but Josh mentioned they were in the process/ had taken that disclaimer down. I got the feeling they were pretty sure it would be shipped within a month but he was aware that this sale very well may bring a bunch of orders which could affect things. I'm gonna have to contact them anyways on Monday since I mistakenly only paid for two fittings when I meant to pay for four since I'm getting two conicals. Doubt it will be a big deal. I'll inquire on how the turnout was and leadtimes then.

They used to say 20 days or so but Josh mentioned they were in the process/ had taken that disclaimer down. I got the feeling they were pretty sure it would be shipped within a month but he was aware that this sale very well may bring a bunch of orders which could affect things. I'm gonna have to contact them anyways on Monday since I mistakenly only paid for two fittings when I meant to pay for four since I'm getting two conicals. Doubt it will be a big deal. I'll inquire on how the turnout was and leadtimes then.

What are you using the extra fittings for? I ordered two (i'm out in Herndon) and was trying to decide if i needed more ports or not.

What are you using the extra fittings for? I ordered two (i'm out in Herndon) and was trying to decide if i needed more ports or not.

I got one 1.5" tc fitting added right above the cone for a thermowell and another 1.5 on the opposite side of dome from where the airlock is. I figure I'll find some use for it. Use it as a port for adding dextrose, or maybe use it with a tc cap with a ball lock fitting welded on top with a gas post and hose on the mother side with a carb stone long enough fit to the bottom of the fermenter. Can use it for trickling co2 through hops for better utilization. Many possibilities.

Ordered most of my valves and stuff from brewershardware, now the wait begins. I have a 53 gallon bourbon barrel on the way from Tennessee via a friend's truck, gonna brew up 40 gallons of a ris for the conicals maiden voyage!

Did my bad influence work? ;)

Nah, I couldn't pull the trigger. My Barley Crusher is on its last legs and I'm upgrading to a Monster Mill. Also need a motor and all the accessories to connect and slow it down. Hopefully this sale was so successful that Brewhemoth makes it an annual event...

Alright I spoke with Josh on the phone a little while ago, I had sent an email Monday and me being impatient figured I'd call them. As always Josh was very friendly and answered my question on how to go about paying for the two fittings I had forgotten to pay for.

During the call I asked how successful the sale had been and as I expected it was "four times what we expected". I placed my order around 12:10 am est and he told me there were four orders in front of me. For reference my order number was 541 and today when I placed the order to pay for the additional fittings it was 578.

I hope this info helps some people figure out where they are in line and let's all please be patient with the guys at Brewhemoth while they tackle this wonderful endeavor!

They sent an email out to everyone yesterday talking about how it went over greater than they had expected. I was already expecting at least 21 days at the earliest. I forget my order number, but I received my confirmation email from them at 12:10 CST. It was 10pm PST when I ordered. Luckily I was on duty on the ship and had to be up at that time anyways. I figured it would be better to jump in first to order.

On another note, DO NOT ORDER FROM GLACIER TANKS. I ordered some stuff from Glacier Tanks that day and as of today it has still not shipped. I went ahead and had them cancel it and decided to spend my $300 on tri-clover fittings over at Brewers Hardware. Glacier's piss poor response was that they handle orders on a first come first serve basis. I don't see how three full business days go by without having someone grab some fittings and throw them in a box and ship it out. Brewers Hardware has a lightning quick turnaround compared to them. It's sad too, they won't get any business from me as I was looking at their BK and I am now going to spend an additional $400 at Brewers Hardware instead.

Glacier tanks is a fine operation. I've used them many times and they've always been prompt and helpful.

Just another man's opinion :mug:

Back