What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SFGiantsFan925 said:
Wow, havn't had one of those in a LONG time. So damn good. Shot of amaretto in 1/2 glass of Coors Light, with a flaming float of 151 of course. That was my go to drink on my 21st BDay in college. Wow. Makes me want one now haha. :rockin:

I was known to down a few in my college days as well. Those were good times.

Nelson & citra saison

image-3447018227.jpg

How this Genesee Cream Ale is the pinnacle of "cream ale" per BJCP is beyond me. Awful metallic taste and smells like blood.

24oz pounder.
Edit -- better from can. Probably better if it was can + paperbag + park at 11 am. $1 for a 24oz can.

2013-01-03 16.34.25.jpg

How this Genesee Cream Ale is the pinnacle of "cream ale" per BJCP is beyond me. Awful metallic taste and smells like blood.

24oz pounder.
Edit -- better from can. Probably better if it was can + paperbag + park at 11 am. $1 for a 24oz can.

I don't get it either. I don't think it's THAT bad, but there's a guy in my homebrew club who LOVES this beer. I don't understand.

highgravitybacon said:

24oz pounder.

I remember drinking Little Kings cream ale in school and the only reason is it was cheap. Now I can't stand it, but to each there own (and there has to be a class standard, right?)

Yummie i want one!! That sounds most excellent! You got a recipe or link to one kind sir ?

First time I've brewed this and I will tweak it a little next time. I also use locally grown & malted grains for the most part. But...

I'd do something like 40% Vienna, 30% pale, pils, or 2 row, 20% malted wheat, and 10% flaked grain of your choice. The flaked grain would be a tweak from this version, replacing 10% of the pale/pils and hopefully giving it better head retention. 10% turbinado sugar by extract, 1.062 OG, 1.004 FG. I used ECY03, wyeast 3726 or 3725 would be good choices, too IMO. Bittered with 1/2 oz Citra at 60, almost 1/2 oz ea nelson/citra at 15 and again at flameout. Dry hopped with oz of nelson for two weeks. I'd probably move first hop addition to 30 or 20 and dry hop with both. I also brewed a version with rye instead of wheat and citra dry hop. Rye/wheat might be better than all one or the other.

Bottle it up in some nice 750 ml corked bottles and take them up over lolo pass to those wonderful Idaho hot springs on the Lochsa and enjoy! Don't get sentimental for home much, especially not in the winter, but I sure do miss a good soak.

Propeller's Revolution Imperial Stout. Roasty, malty, tasty bittnerness. Very smooth and satisfying! Never had an Imperial Stout before, and have been trying for a year to get a hold of this limited release.

IMG-20130103-00116.jpg

Propeller's Revolution Imperial Stout. Roasty, malty, tasty bittnerness. Very smooth and satisfying! Never had an Imperial Stout before, and have been trying for a year to get a hold of this limited release.

It's a great time to get as many RIS's as you can this time of year. One of my favorite styles because they are so complex.

Edit, oh ya, drinking water... No beer post workout :p

RR Blind Pig bottled yesterday. Drinking pretty damn good right now haha. Just finished brewing a porter and screwed it up. Oh we'll. Still made beer.

image-4013201739.jpg

Thus far, a bottle of my Crampus smoked cranberry holiday ale and a bottle of lagunitas Brown Shugga'. The night, she is young.

My Robust Porter. This is actually the first AG recipe I ever brewed... I have to say it's a lot better this time, now that I have a year of AG experience under my belt.

ForumRunner_20130103_214052.jpg

Just finished the dregs from a Belgian IIPA I bottled up. That beer is going to be amazing once it's carbed up. It's about 8% and made with a Belgian grain bill, dark candi syrup, Trappist high gravity yeast with magnum, centennial and cascade hops. Awesome combo.

Working my way through a SN torpedo IPA as I type.

Paulaner salvator, and the wife just bought two six packs of Lagunitas Sucks, after having it for the first time yesterday.

Had a Saison Dupont. It was okay... I probably won't buy that one again. At least I have a champagne bottle to add to the collection for my next sour batch...

Double Bastard ... wanting real food. Ceveche still isn't done because apperantly Ling cod does not want to be mexican food when it comes from a few miles south of the arctic circle.

Back