Review a beer in your fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeviaanah

Reaction score
Post a review!

Hen's Tooth - Greene King / Morland Brewery

A: Pours from a clear bottle a dark amber color, minimal head.

S: Apple and picking out traces of toffee and something floral.

T: Aroma English hops and alcohol up front. Malty coffee with chocolate notes. Skunked but I was able to finish, got better as it warmed just above room temp.

D: Highly carbonated, diacetyl.

Delirium Tremens - Brouwerij Huyghe

A: Pours yellow fizzy and packs a nice head. Lacing occurs.

S: Rotten fruit- apples and pears, some banana from yeast.

T: Bready and lightbodied but was able to mask alcohol well. Clean finish. Well balanced.

D: Finishes a bit light but may had been intentional for the style. Reminds me of Moscato. Warming sensation.

Budweiser Black Crown

A -Pours crystal clear golden with a good amount of carbonation. Nice head that disappears quickly.

S- Smells like corn and sugar. A bit of biscuits and caramel malt. I can detect faint amounts of hops. Smells like a Budweiser.

T- Tastes like Bud platinum with a bit more malt back and is pretty sweet. Probably the best Budweiser product out there. Definitely drinkable.

M- Carbonated properly, nice and balanced. Higher alcohol than a budweiser and more body than a bud light.

O- Typical Bud product but enjoyable. I was expecting a bit more as I thought they would want to jump on board with the "craft brew" movement.

Serving type: bottle

OK, I'll play...but I've never tried "tasting notes" before...

Bridgeport Ebenezer Ale

A -Pours hazy amber, it must be bottle conditioned and I got a little yeast in the glass. Light tan head with good lacing.

S- Smells like caramel malt, slight hint of biscuit perhaps, no hop aroma detected.

T- Malt dominates the flavor, I detect a bit of alcohol. Assertive hop bitterness, reminiscent of an Alt in flavor and IBUs.

M- Good carbonation and full mouth feel.

O- Solid beer. Full flavor without any of the spice distractions typical of a Christmas Ale, If you like Alts, you'll probably like this.

OK, I'll play...but I've never tried "tasting notes" before...

Bridgeport Ebenezer Ale

A -Pours hazy amber, it must be bottle conditioned and I got a little yeast in the glass. Light tan head with good lacing.

S- Smells like caramel malt, slight hint of biscuit perhaps, no hop aroma detected.

T- Malt dominates the flavor, I detect a bit of alcohol. Assertive hop bitterness, reminiscent of an Alt in flavor and IBUs.

M- Good carbonation and full mouth feel.

O- Solid beer. Full flavor without any of the spice distractions typical of a Christmas Ale, If you like Alts, you'll probably like this.

Lol..

Allagash Tripel

A - Hazy yellow with a tint of orange. Great lacing nice head retention.

S-Cloves slight banana, Grassy notes. A bit of something funky citrusy, rotten orange?

T- Banana, wheat...high alcohol flavor.

M- Nice wheat feel, not to filling but not too light.

O- Great beer but not a first choice.

4.1/5

Back