Hops Group Buy in Chicago #1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to give Ghoti more work, but is there a way to add an ID number to splits or some other way to see if a split you are on is full or not? It seems there may be multiple Simcoe splits due to people dropping out of previously full splits.

Maybe we pick a cutoff point and then someone grabs the list, totals it up, and calls out where we're short. Then we can see if people are willing to finish up splits or not.

ok. the database has a link for a google docs link that shows who has ordered what, and a waiting list for hops contracts.

Hmmm, I just looked at the google doc and my username is not in there. Who should I contact?

Hmmm, I just looked at the google doc and my username is not in there. Who should I contact?

Related note, I just updated the database to pick up a few more pounds, so I assume the spreadsheet will be updated again today/tomorrow...hopefully the buy isn't closed just yet!

Also added an 11# split of GR Hallertau - maybe some people going for US Hallertau want to switch over?

Looks good to me! If you close the database tomorrow at midnight, any idea when stuff would be ready to pick up? I'm flying in/out of Chicago for Thanksgiving and it would be awesome to be able to pick up from you on 11/25 if it was ready.

Fyi, I may have found (or caused) a problem in the database. I originally ordered 1# of zythos, then when we found out that citra/amarillo were unavailable I went back to up my Zythos order by a couple pounds. I clicked the "+" button in my existing Zythos line item, and it upped the quantity. However, it didn't appear to take account of the fact that the split I had been in was already full, and my additional pounds should have come from the split that's currently open (this was clear because the "available" number in the open split didn't change). I then added a pound from the open split, and the result was two separate Zythos line items. Am I missing something? I just want to be sure this doesn't result in a bunch of messed up splits, or some slight confusion at the very least. Maybe it doesn't matter since the total poundage of each hop will be reviewed at the end regardless of how the splits were entered. Fwiw I'm in for 3# of Zythos.

Hmm.. dont like the chances of the Hallertau getting filled.. Added an extra # of Tettenang..

I don't want to give Ghoti more work, but is there a way to add an ID number to splits or some other way to see if a split you are on is full or not? It seems there may be multiple Simcoe splits due to people dropping out of previously full splits.

If your split is full you will no longer be given the chance to add more to it. (ie the + button is removed) This will make it easy for you to determine if you are part of an active split or not.

So I'm clear, can someone explain how this works? We want the "x" of "x of y available" to be zero so that the order gets filled, right? If the group buy is closed and the number is not filled or zero, then that item does not get ordered for the group.

Am I on the right track?

All, if folks can stop adding for the time being. I found a bug that allowed people to add past the amount of the split so I need to go and fix a few things. I will let folks know when it is back up.

Okay, will stop looking. My pricing just went totally wacky and started showing negative numbers, hopefully just temporary.

OK, i fixed the issue to prevent that from happening again. I will be doing data clean up and will post when I am done, at which time folks should confirm their order as I will be moving people to separate splits to correct the issue.

I know this is a moving target, and people are still adding or moving stuff around, but as of the spreadsheet we had 31lb Cascade, 8lb Saaz, 5lb Hallertau and 52lb Simcoe. All of these were 44lb only. So we are still short on Cascade and someone's going to take less simcoe since I doubt we will make it from 52 to 88 lbs. Looks like Saaz and Hallertau are a wash?

Available in 44#:
4 CASCADE – US = Available in 44# boxes only
7 HALLERTAU – US = Available in 44# boxes only
13 SAAZ – US = Available in 44# boxes only
14 SIMCOE – US = Available in 44# boxes only

I know this is a moving target, and people are still adding or moving stuff around, but as of the spreadsheet we had 31lb Cascade, 8lb Saaz, 5lb Hallertau and 52lb Simcoe. All of these were 44lb only. So we are still short on Cascade and someone's going to take less simcoe since I doubt we will make it from 52 to 88 lbs. Looks like Saaz and Hallertau are a wash?

Available in 44#:

I think the spreadsheet was in the process or will be updated because of the database problem noted in a few posts earlier.

itrider said:
I think the spreadsheet was in the process or will be updated because of the database problem noted in a few posts earlier.

Yes

This is pounds totaled from the spreadsheet...again I realize it is outdated but that doesn't mean the totals are that crazy out of whack in terms of filling 44lb splits:

variety SUM(lb_ordered)
AHTANUM 6
CASCADE 31
CENTENNIAL TYPE 24
COLUMBUS 3
CZ SAAZ 1
GR MAGNUM 1
HALLERTAU 5
NZ MOTUEKA 8
PERLE 2
SAAZ 8
SIMCOE 52
STYRIAN GOLDING 4
TETTNANG 3
UK EAST KENT GOLDING 11
UK FUGGLE 10
WARRIOR 9
WILLAMETTE 6
ZYTHOS 30

I'm posting this once again for reference to what's available in comparison to what we have ordered to far.

Not Available:
1 AMARILLO – US = NA, sub Zythos
2 AU GALAXY – Australia = NA, sub Zythos
5 CENTENNIAL – US = NA, sub Centennial Type
6 CHINOOK – US = NA, sub Columbus, Northern Brewer or Nugget
8 MAGNUM – US = NA, sub Columbus or Nugget
9 NZ NELSON SAUVIN - New Zealand = NA
10 NZ PACIFIC GEM - New Zealand = NA
11 NZ PACIFIC JADE - New Zealand = NA
12 NZ SOUTHERN CROSS - New Zealand = NA
16 SORACHI ACE – US = NA, sub Zythos
CITRA

Available in 11#:
3 AU TOPAZ – Australia = Available
GR Hallertau is available in 11# boxes
17 STYRIAN GOLDING – US = Available
18 UK EAST KENT GOLDING – UK = Available
19 UK FUGGLE – UK = Available
20 ZYTHOS – US = Available

Available in 44#:

Cover your eyes, SQL follows!

select variety, SUM(lb_ordered) from hops group by variety

this is what would be nice to see in real time.

I was updating the data as there was more that 11 people on a couple of splits which would have caused some problems.

Also he is the updated totals pounds per type. Be aware these totals include outstanding splits, so for those that require 44 we need them to be 4 or 8 complete orders to purchase. If over then we will remove those splits over the 44 lb limit.

AHTANUM 2
AU TOPAZ 3
CASCADE 5
CENTENNIAL TYPE 4
COLUMBUS 2
GR HALLERTAU 2
GR MAGNUM 2
HALLERTAU 3
NZ MOTUEKA 3
PERLE 2
SAAZ 2
SIMCOE 7
STYRIAN GOLDING 2
TETTNANG 2
UK EAST KENT GOLDING 2
UK FUGGLE 3
WARRIOR 2
WILLAMETTE 2
ZYTHOS 5

It would be nice to see who's getting bumped beforehand to see if I should adjust my purchase to other hops and maybe people buying up a lot would let others in for a pound.

I can send out a list of all the bumps tonight based on where we currently stand with Cascade, Hallertau, Saaz, and Simcoe. I think the only one that is going to be a big surprise is the Simcoe. If you are open on any of the Cascade, you will not be making the cut unless folks order 42 pounds. If you ordered Hallertau, you need to 18 more pounds or all get bumped. If you ordered Saaz, you need 26 pounds to be ordered or you get bumped.

I was updating the data as there was more that 11 people on a couple of splits which would have caused some problems.

Also he is the updated totals pounds per type. Be aware these totals include outstanding splits, so for those that require 44 we need them to be 4 or 8 complete orders to purchase. If over then we will remove those splits over the 44 lb limit.

AHTANUM 2
AU TOPAZ 3
CASCADE 5
CENTENNIAL TYPE 4
COLUMBUS 2
GR HALLERTAU 2
GR MAGNUM 2
HALLERTAU 3
NZ MOTUEKA 3
PERLE 2
SAAZ 2
SIMCOE 7
STYRIAN GOLDING 2
TETTNANG 2
UK EAST KENT GOLDING 2
UK FUGGLE 3
WARRIOR 2
WILLAMETTE 2
ZYTHOS 5

I'm not quite following...the earlier spreadsheet showed 52lbs of Simcoe, this shows 7?

[EDIT] oh is this 11lb groupings?

I still couldn't log in last night when I tried. I thought I recorded my password correctly to my memory besides that, not sure what else I could be doing wrong?

I added 2 more lbs of cascades to help us meet the 44 minimum. I'll sell them to a friend who's not on the buy.

We do need a 44 lb minimum order for cascade, right?

Think I ordered 2 pounds cascade, 1 pound centennial, 1 pound perle, but I really can't tell. All I can see is the available splits. Am I missing something? :confused:

Somebody closed out the warrior, good deal. I just added a pound of Simcoe to close out a split...hopefully that gets us to 8 11lb splits?

I am getting more simcoe than I need to do this, but I don't want to end up with zero because we didn't make 88 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back