SWDHB gives the GREEN LIGHT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l3asturd

Reaction score
SWDHB (She who drinks home brew) asked why I don't build a brew shed on our vacant cement pad in the back yard. I honestly never even thought to ask, but as she enjoys anything wheat or hef, I few batches here and there keeps her motivated for more.

I was recently reading through Layne's BYBP and Wildwest's BLT and she was impressed with idea of my own brewing area. Like I said, we already have the pad in the back yard, so it seems feasible to do this without spending a fortune.

Here are the dimensions:

6543-brew-shed-dimensions-cement-exists-already.jpg

I plan to go all electric. I'm hoping 240V 60A is enough to handle brewing without having to turn the lights and TV off. :)

Another thing I've been considering is drainage. A floor drain is not going to happen. I may build up the floor in the brewing corner so I can add a floor drain in the brewing/cleaning area.

I may have to read through the huge threads again for ideas and tips.

IMHO,, that would make about the perfect size Home Brew Pub/Brewery, just alittle larger than a one car with some extra length, you could make it into two different rooms or have a covered porch on one end with one big room inside. It will be very nice anyway you go about it. Have Fun.

With all that work, you'll want to farm out the brew stand... hint hint
Seriously, looks like a great idea. I have a pad almost twice that size... hmmmmm

240v/60A would be enough to run two 5500w elements at the same time, as well as pumps and such. However, getting 60A parts can be a bit tough. Most go with 240V/50A just due to the availability of parts. with 50A, you can run two 4500W elements at the same time.
Tom

Back