Rosemary lamb chops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We just got a lamb today- so we're having lamb chops on the grill. The recipe was so easy:

1 glove garlic crushed into a paste
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 tsp sugar
zest of one lemon
2 TBS olive oil
freshly ground pepper
sea salt

Combine all into a paste/marinade and place in ziploc bag for at least an hour. Grill until desired doneness (medium for us)

I paired it with roasted new potatoes and a nice salad along with a bottle of merlot.

Yooper Chick said:
We just got a lamb today- so we're having lamb chops on the grill.
Is the lamb live? Or is the lamb you got going on the grill?

Or is Upper Michigan so cool that the answer is both? :D

Well, the lamb was born and raised here in the UP, but when we met it, it came packaged up in white packages. I love lamb, so we decided to buy one and split the meat with a friend. It seems like we eat venison all winter, and this makes a nice change.

It was very good, by the way!

I LOVE lambchops - medium rare to medium, no more. I had the most amazing lambchops in Dingle, Co. Kerry, Ireland. They were rosemary as stated above, with a red wine sauce and 3 different potatoes, sliced and soaked in the red wine sauce. AMAZING!

Wow- that looks fantastic! I'll have to try adding dijon mustard to the marinade. What a great meal!

Now my husband is searching for the world's best recipe for lamb shanks (one of his favorites!).

I like to use rosemary in the smoker. Another good trick with lamb is to chop/mash garlic and rosemary into a paste, slit the lamb every 1/2 inch or so, and brush some of the paste into the slits.

Beer4breakfast that looks fantastic. Perfectly cooked, nice char, nice and pink juicey. Man that looks good.

mysterio said:
Woah, that looks amazing. I like your recipe Yooper Chick, apart from the Merlot, what's wrong with a porter? ;)

Haha, porters are great! However, my husband likes red wine with dinner. If he wants red wine, it's ok with me!

Those lamb chops were GOOD! The seasoning enhanced and didn't overpower the lamb. I served with with roasted red new potatoes and a salad with mixed greens.

I'm going to try what b4b suggested and add dijon mustard next time. We have another 30 pounds of lamb to experiment with!

Yooper Chick said:
We have another 30 pounds of lamb to experiment with!

What cuts do you have left. You don't see too many different cuts of lamb, them being so small. It would be cool to have a lamb skirt steak, or a lamb flank. Nice flavorful cut.

Sean said:
What cuts do you have left. You don't see too many different cuts of lamb, them being so small. It would be cool to have a lamb skirt steak, or a lamb flank. Nice flavorful cut.

We actually had almost 60 pounds, which we split with a friend. I don't have any lamb skirt steak or flank, as far as I know. I have leg of lamb, chops, ribs, ground, and shanks, etc. My husband loves lamb shanks braised in a tomato based sauce (kind of like osso bucco), but otherwise all cuts are open to the chef's interpretation!

I actually made a very similar meal to this last night... lamb chops with rosemary, thyme, basil, salt, pepper cooked in olive oil. It paired really well with Ommegang's Rare Vos Belgian-style Amber Ale. Delicious.

beer4breakfast said:
That sounds good, Yooper Chick. I like lamb too. I marinate mine sort of like yours, but with a bit of dijon mustard too.

I'll show you mine.

View attachment 952

Mine was paired with blackeyed peas, cabbage, and champagne. New Year's day, naturally.

View attachment 954

holy goodness gracious almighty!!!
that looks so good i might begin gnawing on my monitor.

You guys and girls have me wanting to exterminate my flock and put in freezer.
where in world would i fit 31 lambs. since i have 4 in there already and 3 hogs
and a beef. yikes i forgot 3 deer too.

Back